This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Don't get too wrapped up in what you are doing.

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Don't get too wrapped up in what you are doing.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Just a reminder that when you are working on a project, you should never lose track of what is happening around you. I was grinding down some welds for a better fit on the loader bracket with my hand held grinder and realized I was smelling smoke. I looked around but did not see anything burning, and figured I had gotten the new primer on it hot, and went back to work. I went back to grinding, and the smell got worse, and it had an odor that definitely was NOT paint. Taking a second look around I realized it was me.

Sure glad it was an old coat.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Don't get too wrapped up in what you are doing.

Postby Barnyard » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Years ago, when I was working in excavating, I was cutting an eight inch water line with a demo saw to install in the ground. I smelled something burning and looked down to see my new blue jeans on fire near my ankle. I grabbed the five gallon, iced down drinking water jug off the bed of the truck and doused it. By time I had it out the pant leg was destroyed and hair burned from my leg but no serious injuries. Rosie usually takes my old jeans and cuts the legs off every spring, but that year I was sporting a brand new pair of cut offs. :lol:
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Safety Forum”