This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hayride Goes Awry

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Re: Hayride Goes Awry

Postby Bob Perry » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Another thing- What kind of hay-ride has no hay? See none in all the pictures on the internet. :?: :-| :?:
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Nimrod
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99734

Postby Nimrod » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:02 pm

I used to run the hayride at a local park. MANY loads per day from the park headquarters back to the corn maze then pick up a load on the far side of the field and take them home. Sometimes with a tractor and sometimes with a team of Belgians. We used an older wood deck modified with bench seats and railings. Rarely more than 15 on a ride. I have also pulled flat racks loaded with a lot of hay up and down hills with tractors as small as a Farmall B. With good ag tires and intelligent driving they can easily do it. It is unlikely that those people outweighed my hay loads. What I am seeing is operator error. Either too much speed or turning where/when he shouldn't.....or both.
Nimrod - Mighty hunter and grandson of Noah OR....(in American slang as promoted by Warner Bros and Bugs Bunny) a foolish and slow witted person. It really doesn't make any difference to me, it's just a handle.

tccanoe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40361
Tractors Owned: 55 Cub
56 100 Industerial

Postby tccanoe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:20 am

Nimrod wrote: What I am seeing is operator error. Either too much speed or turning where/when he shouldn't.....or both.

That's the way I see it. When the trailer started going around the tractor, the tongue road up the up the rear tire flipping the trailer as you see it.

Return to “Safety Forum”