This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Towing Safety

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Towing Safety

Postby Peter Person » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:17 pm

...right in my backyard.

Ford F250(350) towing a 26' camping trailer.

Four people were injured in a rollover on I-84 in Tolland Sunday evening — and the driver was whisked by Life Star helicopter to Hartford Hospital, authorities said.

Steva Buskey, 43, of Oxford was driving a pickup hauling a 26-foot camping trailer westbound in Vernon around 6 p.m. Sunday when the trailer fishtailed, forcing her to loose control of the pickup, police said.

The pickup rolled over at least three times before coming to a stop – rightside up -- on the grassy right shoulder, according to police.

Buskey was transported by helicopter "as a precaution" after complaining of "pain to her entire left side," police said.

The three other occupants were transported by ambulance to Hartford Hospital, according to police.

Troopers identified them as: Kyle Strabomy, 16, of Seymour, and Robert Werden, 45, and Tommy-Lee Buskey, 16, both of the same Oxford address as the driver..

All four passengers suffered minor cuts to their legs and arms, police said.

One of three lanes of the highway remained closed as of 10 p.m.

Photos provided by authorities show a green pickup with its rear smashed and its roof torn off and a white trailer lying on its side.

Courtesy of Fox61 News.

Peter
Last edited by Peter Person on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Towing Safety

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:40 pm

I could be wrong, but that looks like an F-250 to me.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Postby RUSSALL » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Looks like a F-250. Driver must have made some erratic steering maneuver or the rig wasn't
set up to tow correctly. I hope all will be ok.

Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Postby RUSSALL » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Man I type slow. Don blew me away on that one
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Don McCombs wrote:I could be wrong, but that looks like an F-250 to me.

Yep, my bad - that's what I get for looking at news photos on my laptop. :oops:

As Russall said, probably some erratic steering or emergency movement. Yesterday was one of those top 10 weather days in CT. Clear blue-sky and hardly any breeze.
As is the case most everywhere, drivers in CT look at a 3 or 4 lane highway as their personal speedway - any lane - any speed.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:50 pm

It's amazing that no one was killed in that one.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Safety Forum”