This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Great Article on Antique Tractor Safety & Farmer Mods

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Great Article on Antique Tractor Safety & Farmer Mods

Postby Urbish » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:54 pm

I thought this would be of interest to this community:
http://www.startribune.com/part-2-unsafe-tractors-drive-up-death-toll-at-family-farms/327433381/

There's a very sobering video in the article as well.
Jim

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Great Article on Antique Tractor Safety & Farmer Mods

Postby tst » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:12 pm

I live in NY, they did mention it in the article that we have a ROPS program, I have used it myself, NY will pay up to 80% of the cost for a roll bar installed on a tractor, you can do this once a year, I have done this with the big tractors, I have no interest in doing so on a cub
Tim

DZG
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49247

Re: Great Article on Antique Tractor Safety & Farmer Mods

Postby DZG » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:42 am

Really great article, but....

Of the stories they told, every one was "because they were in a hurry", and one tractor was "rengineered"

Not to sound unsympathetic, but a bit of caution and attention go a looong ways.

Not saying in every case, i mean, crap happens, but yall get my drift

Return to “Safety Forum”