Switch to full style
Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Post a reply

Santa was good to me

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:29 pm

I received gun books and gunsmith video's;

The 4th editon of Robert Ball's book on the military mausers of the world.

The Proud Promise by Jean Houn on the french military auto loading rifles.

A book about No 4 and No 5 british enfield rifles.

The band of brothers "The Pacific"

Santa did ok..... Bill

Re: Santa was good to me

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Gray Cub received the extras needed for his 700 Remington Youth rifle so he can start practicing this spring.
I had a hard time digging around and finding his rifle so I'm shopping for a 3rd gun safe. I'll get a larger one this time and his mom can have one of the others for her photo bizz stuff.
I just stopped by TSC to look at what they have and I'll run by Cabelas and a couple others this week. I'm thinking they would like to move them this week....

Re: Santa was good to me

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Cabela's in Wheeling?

Re: Santa was good to me

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Don, I was thinking we had a Cabelas over here in Charleston but it's a Gander Mountain instead. I also like to shop at Dicks Sporting Goods while I'm over in that area.
I only get there about twice a year and usually end up coming home with another gun I don't need.... :lol:

Re: Santa was good to me

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:31 am

Yogie wrote:Gray Cub received the extras needed for his 700 Remington Youth rifle so he can start practicing this spring.
I had a hard time digging around and finding his rifle so I'm shopping for a 3rd gun safe. I'll get a larger one this time and his mom can have one of the others for her photo bizz stuff.
I just stopped by TSC to look at what they have and I'll run by Cabelas and a couple others this week. I'm thinking they would like to move them this week....

If you have a Lowes nearby you might check there.

Re: Santa was good to me

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:53 pm

LiL' Red wrote:If you have a Lowes nearby you might check there.

We have a Lowes about every where but I didn't know they sold this type of stuff. I'll do some calling tomorrow.
Thanks, :wink:

Re: Santa was good to me

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:51 am

I just saw this thread. Santa gave my 20 yr old son a Remmington 870 express. I have never been more pround of him the way he handles it safely and how he cares for it..he is signed up for hunter safety course so he can start hunting. I even let him take my rifles out now...brings them home, cleans them up and back in the safe. Some things just make a dad proud. On a side note, his mom isn't very happy about it, but hey she don't live with us LOL
Robert (proud dad) Miller

Re: Santa was good to me

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:46 am

dakcub wrote:I just saw this thread. Santa gave my 20 yr old son a Remmington 870 express. I have never been more pround of him the way he handles it safely and how he cares for it..he is signed up for hunter safety course so he can start hunting. I even let him take my rifles out now...brings them home, cleans them up and back in the safe. Some things just make a dad proud. On a side note, his mom isn't very happy about it, but hey she don't live with us LOL
Robert (proud dad) Miller

Good job on the saftey Robert, I'd forgotten that we also have laws here for first time hunters to take a saftey course before their able to buy their first hunting license. I'll be sure to check into that soon for Grayson.
We both have our life time license, I picked mine up back about 1983 and then I bought his when he was born. If he moves away someday he can always come back home ot hunt....
I have several styles of youth 22's that he'll start out with this spring before moving up the ladder to bigger guns.
I've collected guns and amo for about 30 years and probably 3/4's of my guns have never fired. I can't wait to start plinking and hunting with him soon. :{_}:

Re: Santa was good to me

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Right now my wife and two sons are going to take the NRA course for there consealed carry permits soon. I been telling them for many years now to get it while we still can.

Well at the end of december i got me a to me from me christmas gift. I don't normally do this but i did do it this time. I picked up a German Walther P1 in 9mm luger. This is an exact copy of a german P38 but it has an alloy frame and a wider upper slide. These are like brand new for $319. Plus there a C&R too so anyone with a C&RFFL03 collectors licesne can purchase it right from the wholesaler or dealer and it gets delivered to our door by USPS, FEDEX or the BBT. Most of this older stuff is very expensive too. Having your C&RFFL03 license cuts out the middleman too. You can also save on gun accessories, ammo, reloading & shootiong supplies, besides C&R guns. It costs $30 for three years from the BATF and you save $30+ on your very first purchase. Just checkout the stuff at www.aimsurplus.com and look at the C&R guns and there ammo prices too. We also get discounts at www.midwayusa.com too.

Re: Santa was good to me

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Nice Hand gun Bill, looks like it would be easy to carry.
Thanks for the web sites, very good prices on hand guns. I see the Springfield rifles sell out pretty fast.
Post a reply