My Goofy Garden

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Well, I know there's gonna be some laughing. Ya'll try not to crack any ribs.

This was a spur of the moment deal. Since I couldnt get my turning plow hooked to "Junky" I just stuck a center plow on it and went to digging. No sweeps, just plow. It was mean't to be 2 rows, wound up to be 3. Ya'll look at it and tell me what you think, what I should've done and how. This one was just trial and error. If everything in this comes up, I will have more than I can do anything with.

2 kinds of Tomatoes
Sweet Banana Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Jalopeno Pepper ( mild)
Squash
Okra
Cucumber
Lettuce (1)
Cabbage
Brussel Sprouts
Watermelon
Cantaloupe
Purple Hull peas (1)

Got another spot dug up, may go try to get some seeds just see what will transpire. Thinking bout more peas, and corn. I dunno though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: My Goofy Garden

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:25 pm

looks like more then just a middle plow was used. I can also guess you don't have any deer in your area. looks good now just expand it to the whole field

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Ummmm, thats My Mother in Laws front yard. lol. No field to go to.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:37 pm

The potential problem I see is that the plants are in the bottom of the rows. A good rain and they'd be drowned. If the property and soil drains well, it may not be an issue. If the ground holds water, things may not turn out. Usually you plant on the high ridges.
If things work out, you'll be surprised how much groceries you will get, even in such a small plot. Good Luck.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:04 pm

You're kiddin me. Well it figures I would plant it wrong.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Glxy500 wrote:You're kiddin me. Well it figures I would plant it wrong.

Don't give up yet. Remove the high spots so that the water has a place to go other than the middles. It is not necessary to plant on hills if your spot has good drainage. All is not lost!!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:55 pm

I plant in the valley's. As I cultivate, it throws dirt into the valley and covers the weeds. by the end of cultivateing it is level, also makes for good watering trough.

Fri May 01, 2009 6:20 am

Looks like pretty good dirt to me. I think a disc and drag is the thing now. Save your plow work for next spring when you turn under the cover crop you plant this fall. Soil test HARP HARP HARP.