Switch to full style
Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Post a reply

Wild game recipes

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:15 pm

Wild game recipes, possum included.

http://www.huntingsociety.org/recipes.html

Eugene

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:55 pm

Eugene. Great site ............. :)

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:05 pm

We cook game the same as store bought and squeemish city folk can't tell the difference.

Bill

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:40 pm

I have a box full of wild game recipes. But no frog leg recipe - usually just fry frog legs like chicken. Found the site while looking up recipes for frog legs.

I see the first recipe listing is armadillo. We have armadillos on the property. Might have to give them a try. Or better yet. My brother has monthly poker parties and he serves chili made with some sort of wild game.

Eugene

Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:54 am

beaconlight wrote:We cook game the same as store bought and squeemish city folk can't tell the difference.

Oh, Man... I be one of them squeemish city folk... Most of the ideas on that page are OK, but I just cannot imagine pulling a stuffed possum out of my oven and eating it. They are like a big rat!!

More power to the folks who eat possum, but unfortunately not for me!!

I like venison, and have had bear and even Turtle Soup...they were GREAT...just couldn't bring myself to eat possum... (Sorry Country Elliot!)

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:06 pm

Armadillo's are starting to move into central Missouri. I was recently involved in a conversation concerning cooking wild game and the neighbor asked about cooking armadillos.

I just printed out three armadillo recipes for my neighbor. I'm going to let the neighbors try armadillo first.

Eugene

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:41 pm

cool site eugene always looking for a new venison recipe!
Post a reply