Moderator: Team Cub
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Banana Cake Royale
(Canadian Family Cookbook)
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (granular rather than fine)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup milk
1-1/3 cups sieved ripe banana(3 to 4 bananas)
2/3 cup vegetable shortening
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cups sugar
3 egg yolks, well beaten
3 egg white
1/2 cup sugar
1. Blend the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and graham cracker crumbs; set aside.
2. Add lemon juice to milk and stir in the sieved bananas; set aside.
3. Blend shortening and extract. Add the 2/3 cup sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy. Add the beaten egg yolks in halves, beating thoroughly after each addition.
4. Beating only until smooth after each addition, alternately add dry ingredients in fourths and banana-milk mixture in thirds to creamed mixture.
5. Beat egg white until frothy. Add the 1/2 cup sugar gradually, continuing to beat until stiff peaks are formed. Gently fold meringue into batter just until blended. Turn batter into 3 prepared 8-inch layer cake pans.
6. Bake at 350 F 30 to 35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
7. Cool and remove from pans as directed for butter-type cakes. Cool completely.
Filling and Topping:
3 medium-sized ripe bananas
Sweetened Whipped Cream ( see below)
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Peel bananas and cut into slices; dip slices into pineapple juice. Place one cooled cake layer on serving plate and spread about one third of the Sweetened Whipped Cream over it. Arrange one third of the banana slices over the cream. Cover with the second layer and repeat procedure. Cover with third layer, spread remaining banana slices and chopped walnuts attractively on top. Serve immediately.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
1 cup chilled heavy cream
3 tablespoons confectionersâ€™ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat the cream until it stands in soft peaks. With final strokes, beat in the confectioners' sugar and extract until blended. Set in refrigerator if not used immediately. If whipped cream is not stiff enough when ready to use, beat again. (Makes about 2 cups whipped cream)
Whenever God closes a door, he always opens a window.
Knowledge is Power! Power is Strength!
Printed out both the Plum Flan and BananaCake Royale.
BD. You gotta admit if the eating is half as good as the reading, it's gonna be grrrreeeaaat.
Last edited by Eugene on Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My arteries went into spasm just reading that recipe!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur
"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest