Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:45 am
This is good, I've made it several times now.
INGREDIENTS Makes: 6-8 servings
â€¢ 1 lb ground Italian sausage
â€¢ 1Â½ tsp crushed red peppers
â€¢ 1 large diced white onion
â€¢ 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
â€¢ 2 tsp garlic puree (I bought minced garlic in a jar)
â€¢ 10 cups water
â€¢ 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
â€¢ 1 cup heavy cream
â€¢ 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
â€¢ Â¼ of a bunch of fresh kale or spinach
1. Sautee Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, sautee bacon, onions and garlic for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add heavy cream and cook until thoughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage.
7. Add kale or spinach just before serving. Delicious!
Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:42 pm
I'm going to try that! Years ago, I loved eating at Olive Garden. But the last time I went for lunch I asked for the soup and salad and it just wasn't like it used to be. Maybe it's me. I'll surprise my sweetie with this recipe.