Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:00 pm
This is exceptional. You can also substitute shrimp or other firm fish such as cod and/or haddock
1 lb scallops
2 sticks melted butter
2 cups light cream
12-14 slices white or wheat bread plus two heels cubed.
2-3 8 ounce cans sliced mushrooms, liquid reserved
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seafood Spice ( or too taste )
Salt and Pepper
6 slices Muenster cheese, cut into 2 inch strips
1. Place Â½ of the cubed bread in the bottom of a buttered standard 9 by 13 casserole baking dish.
2. Top with half of the scallops, half the mushrooms and sprinkle with Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Pour over one half of the melted butter and one half of the light cream.
3. Layer rest of ingredients per Step 1 & 2
4. Top off casserole with Muenster cheese strips
5. Add some of the reserved mushroom liquid if more is needed.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree over for 40-45 minutes.
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:38 pm
Sounds good to me.
Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 pm
What time is supper? I'll be right over
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.