This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wisconsin Potato Casserole

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
agnes
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43420

Wisconsin Potato Casserole

Postby agnes » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:21 pm

Thanks Emilie for getting me on!! This is our family favorite for Thanksgiving get togethers. I usually make 4 batches of this, with very little left over. Don't make it with new potatoes, they are too moist.
6 good sized baking potatoes
1 pint sour cream
8 oz. shredded sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 medium onion diced fine
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
Cook potatoes in skins until fork tender. Peel. cool. Shred into large bowl. ( Do not shred warm potatoes, they mush.) Stir in sour cream, onion,cheese, salt and pepper. Save a little cheese to garnish top. Put in buttered 2 qt casserole ,sprinkle on cheese and paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 min. Or until heated through. Serves 8. May refrigerate 2 days if you want.
I use my own potatoes, all sizes, so I weigh them. 2 1/4 lbs. is one batch after cooking and peeling. Also I weigh the onions. 4 oz. is enough for one batch. Setting over night blends the flavors.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”