Hey Guys & GALS...The secret to good tastin' cornbread is simple
1) Only use White Lilly cornbread mix...OR White Lilly corn muffin mix (both made right here in Knoxville, TN).
2) Only make cornbread in a seasoned, cast iron skillet.
3) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees...(place your seasoned skillet...pre-greased with bacon fat or Crisco in the oven while preheatin').
4) 1/3 cup of milk + 1 egg (beaten) + 1 package White Lilly mix.
5) Use wire wisk to blend ingrediants together (don't overbeat).
6) Remove pre-heated skillet...add mixture...replace in oven for 20 minutes. Use toothpick in center of cornbread to test if it's done. When tooth pick comes out of center of bread CLEAN (no wet mix on it)...IT's READY!
7) Remove from oven...use cake rack rested on top of skillet to remove cornbread when you turn the skillet upside down. Turn the cornbread over on it's rightside up on the cake rack and let her rest for 20 or 30 minutes before serving! YUUUUUMMMM