Electric Fence

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.

Moderator: Team Cub

Postby johnbron » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:25 pm

:roll: Thanks BD, There description sounds like it is the "Rolls~Royce" of fence chargers. :shock:
Then came Bronson
johnbron
CubPro Emeritus

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:39 pm

George Willer wrote:Even without the gallagher, we never see elephants in the rubber trees around here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But when your corn is as high as an elephant's eye, how could you see them anyway?
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:21 pm

Has anyone ever watched a bunch of youg calves get their first introduction to an electric fence? They'll get shocked by it and then come back and smell it. Usually 2 or 3 times.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby parts man » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:14 pm

Gallagher fencers come from New Zealand, sheep country. They tested their fencers by putting a coyote in a 5 strand high fence powered by a Gallagher fencer and put sheep in pens all around him. He hit the fence a couple of times, then laid down. After a few days (I forget,, maybe 5??) with no food he still wouldn't go near the fence, they even slaughtered a sheep in a pen right next to his!!
We use one,, I know that you keep your distance or get reminded why you should! :shock: 10,000 volts will wake you right up!! :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)
parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:23 am

I was over at Jerry's the other day picking up the groomer for the road. We needed a piece of log to act as a roller to help get the groomer on the trailer. Only piece I could find was in the pasture just on the other side of the fence. :roll:

Thought that I had lots of room and I did until my right leg moved less than 1/2 an inch :shock: :oops: :oops: :!: darn those electric fences can give you a lift :!: :roll: :lol:

Now I remember why I hated to get the goats to go back in the barn at night. I always got a lift..... :? :lol:

Thank God it wasn't a Gallagher :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Buggyscott » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:28 pm

:idea: Got a lot more deer than I need plus an electric fence all around the place. Got a Gallagher Charger, etc. I can sit and watch the deer just sort of hope over my fences which have a top wire at about 48". Unless you got a fence about 10', I figure you just might as well enjoy looking at the deer since you are not going to keep them out. :D
Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Deer are mighty dangerous

Postby Lew W » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:46 am

While the wife and I were riding our motorcycle on a small local road a deer came from the woods 15 feet away and ran into us on a dead run. The deer broke my wife's leg just below the knee and I was fortunate to maintain control and managed to keep the bike from falling. The deer was dead but my wife is still in a hospital bed at home. This happened the 1st week of June.
Can I get a gallagher and a fence to surround my motorcycle?
Lew W
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby parts man » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:56 pm

Lew, I expect it could be done, but you'd need some extention cord!! :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)
parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Previous

Return to Farm Life and Better Half Forum