Tractors Nixed At Local Parade

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.

Moderator: Team Cub

Tractors Nixed At Local Parade

Postby Donny M » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:09 pm

My family and I attended the Palestine, Texas Christmas Parade on Saturday night. Saturday morning Merry told me that I should enter the Cubs, I told her that it was too short a notice. Well it seems that all the tractor owners had the same notice as there wasn't a tractor in the entire parade :cry: :!: :!: What a disappointment :!: :!:

Next year there will be at least 2 red ones, 1 for Santa and 1 for his helpers :wink: :wink: 8)
Donny M
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:33 pm

Hey Donnie,

No tractors in our local parade last year or this year. :x

Next year, I'm rolling at least four and telling all my tractor friends to join me :!: :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman
Cub-Bud
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:08 am

Well, I lucked out. Saturday night I went to a Christmas parade that was nothing but trucks, tractors and farm implements. Imagine an 8300 series John Deere with over 2000 lights. It was not a large parade but it was the kind of parade where people cheered as each participant passed by. Next year there may be a couple of cubs in the parade.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com
Bigdog
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:56 am

I like the Outville Christmas parade, if not for the tractors....you couldn't call it a parade!!!
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Return to Farm Life and Better Half Forum