This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Testing the ad content using expensive automobiles

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Testing the ad content using expensive automobiles

Postby Lurker Carl » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:36 pm

Noticed the ads at the bottom tend to reflect the content of the messages. Here's my test. Cadillac, Mercedes, Porsche, lease, purchase, test drive, dealer, Lincoln, Acura, Lexus.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:37 pm

And it worked. Ads now reflect Baltimore's best deals in Audi and Lexus purchases on my screen. Baltimore, Maryland and Baltimore, Ohio. Must be a glitch!
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:58 pm

i get no ads and my pop up blocker does not reflect any blocked??????? they must have checked my bank account.
phantom

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:02 pm

It must depend on the content from the poster, not the content of the thread. When I looked at this thread I saw the same J*hn D**R* ads. When I clicked to add a reply, it gave me a couple on job postings and one for velour rope????

I wonder how it will respond if I include Cadillac, Mercedes, Porsche, lease, purchase, test drive, dealer, Lincoln, Acura, Lexus.

Maybe I should add Allante, XLR, CTS and 911SC.

"Preview" went back to tractor adds.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:53 pm

I noticed the ads reflected the content of the messages before this test. I'm no longer getting the Baltimore, OH car ads. Boo hoo, I was really looking forward to getting my first luxury car from Ohio. Preview is only tractor ads. Never mentioned Audi, but now all my ads are for that brand.

Another post about reclaiming heat from wood stoves - those ads are only for wood stoves. The ads might get really interesting unusual subjects!
- Louis Pasteur

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:18 pm

Lurker Carl wrote:I noticed the ads reflected the content of the messages before this test. I'm no longer getting the Baltimore, OH car ads. Boo hoo, I was really looking forward to getting my first luxury car from Ohio. Preview is only tractor ads. Never mentioned Audi, but now all my ads are for that brand.

Another post about reclaiming heat from wood stoves - those ads are only for wood stoves. The ads might get really interesting unusual subjects!

L.C.,

Baltimore, OH is in Bigdog's neck of the woods. It was a siamese twin to Basil OH in the early '50s... I don't know about now. There was a movement to combine the two into a single town called "baseball". :D Look it up!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:28 pm

George - I think the closest they got was the Baltimore - Basil Joint Fire District.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Off Topic”