This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

This winter's projects

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

This winter's projects

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Couple of winter projects:

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=6028AACE
Insert for an antique roll top desk. Think it was a post master's due to the number letter sized drawers. Drawer fronts on the right are original. Left drawer fronts were missing, had to make. Had to make the remainder of each drawer. Insert is 57" long, 17" tall.

Will start on repairing the roll top when the insert is finished.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=60277539
1934 Philco Model 89L radio, AM and short wave. Picked up at auction for $65. All guts there. Case has some minor scratches. Still looking for a schematic. Reading indicates that Philco changed the radio components several times during production.

Still have two small chests to finish up for wife.

Tomorrow installing new composit flooring in wife's bed room. We gutted the room. Patched the cracks, and painted.

Yesterday finished up repairs on daughters 2 wheeled trailer. New hitch on trailer, one wheel bearing, new side boards and ramps, clip for attaching ramps, and rewire lights.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Re: This winter's projects

Postby Dale Finch » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Those projects should certainly keep you "off the streets and out of trouble"!!! It sure is nice, though, to have something we enjoy doing!! Have fun, and post progress!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:48 am

Both restoration projects are worth your time—they look nice.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:34 am

I have a 1939 Zenith console radio that belonged to my grandparents. I've had it playing but only scratches now. Those old open tuners tend to get dirty and that MIGHT be the problem. I'm not going to do anything with it.

Wife wants drawers put into two kitchen cabinets. She has trouble getting down so the back of them are sort of useless.

I'm so bored I fired up my "toy" train in the basement. Also going thru things in clean up mode. Must be I'm really bored.

Vern

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:29 pm

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=604B7B28

Insert finished and sitting in roll top desk.

Original letter holders, center of desk, were constructed with plywood bottoms and sides. Manufactured 13 drawer fronts and the sides, backs, bottoms for all drawers. Changed the letter holders to boxes type drawers.

Desk has character. Mouse/rat chewed holes in two pedestal drawer fronts, near the rear of the desk table top, and rear of the right pedestal. Fortunate because the monitor and power cables were passed through the holes.

Next part of the project is to repair the roll top.

Edit: The desk was purchased by my wife at a farm auction about 27 years ago. Wife and son picked up parts and pieces they could find. Parts of the desk were missing and they picked up pieces to other furniture. Turned out to be a jigsaw puzzle having to rebuild the case and make missing parts.

Tried finding the company listed below. No luck. Some notes on the bottom of one large drawer.

R.D. Mfg Co
#70R
Order No. 234B
PUSY N
adw special
WePa
etu Frt
Waty
By JB L?????
SUAHH
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Off Topic”