This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE TOO MUCH TIME

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

SOME PEOPLE HAVE TOO MUCH TIME

Postby Brent » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:41 am

:) :) :) Did anyone see the guy on RFDTV's Prairie Farm report the other night that built a tractor with 9 Briggs and Straton 5 hp motors on it? There's a man with some time on his hands!
Always try the easiest thing first.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:15 pm

I didn't see that one, but there use to be one that would show up at shows in western Kentucky and southern Indiana, that had 8 B&S 5 hp engines (two rows of four) connected to a common shaft with cog belts, and each engine timed to fire as if it was a cylinder in a V8 engine. It even sounded like one. I saw that two or three different times, and each time he had changed something around - a carb on each engine, a single carb and a manifold to each engine, an exhaust stack on each engine, exhaust from each connected together, etc. Seems like he had started with a Bolens lawn tractor, but I may be wrong.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:21 pm

I believe I saw that one at the Lincoln Trails show at Otter Creek Park.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:38 pm

the first time I saw Harry lee's double and triple 20s and 30s, I told him he had way to much times on his hands also.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:38 pm

I don't remember the count on this one, but I think it has 15 Briggs engines on it... on a walking tractor! They are smaller ones, I think 2 HP. It's interesting to watch him start it. After the first couple are running they start the rest in sequence. He has to hold his hand over the exhaust of each one to tell if it's running... it wouldn't be possible to tell by sound. (he wears hearing protection)

The control panel in the "cockpit" is a maze of clutch levers and throttle controls... all well done.

He took up this project after racing became too expensive. :(

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Off Topic”