This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

post hole digger

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401
Circle of Safety: Y

post hole digger

Postby (CUB HUT) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:33 am

While I was watching A fishing show they advertised this for ice augers. might be able too adapt too fast hitch for use with post hole digger??

http://www.augercaddy.com/
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:41 am

CUB HUT, I would think that it would work great. That's a good idea if you are by yourself, and need to do alot of holes.

I wouldn't want to put one on a four-wheeler without weight on the front... I know what that's like :oops:

Johnny

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:03 pm

It doesn't look sturdy enough for post hole digging. The concept looks good but it would have to be a lot beefier for digging in dirt. Maybe someone could adapt one of those 2-man augers you get from the too rental places.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38370

Postby Russell F » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:38 pm

I've never had any expierience with the ice augar, but i used a 1man 2cycle augar when i did a little fencing last year. It did fine if the soil was slightly damp and the roots where mininum, but it would hang up in severe roots and just spin in hard ground. And it would wear you out pretty quickly if you were drilling alot of holes at a time. It still beat manual diggers.

I think a modified 2 man augar with the 4cycle engine would work much better, and being mounted on a sturdy base like a tractor it should give a true hole and become a easy 1 man operation. The small 1 man augar would beat you to death and wollar the hole if the ground was hard and rooty, tho mounting it to a tractor would help, but if you are going to all that trouble, buy the 2 man. Last time i priced one it was arounf 4-500 without augar, had a 3.5hp briggs engine, and being 4cycle it can drink from the same jug as the cub. And you could probaly rig a throttle up to the operator seat of the tractor so you can drill without leaving the tractor.

And that was another complaint with the 2cycle augar, it ran 1:28 oil/gas and everything else i was toting with me fencing(weedeater w/blade, chain saw, reg weedeater) all drank 1:40 oil/gas cept the 4wheeler which drank straight. So i had to tote a extra jug, and that augar ate the fuel quickly. I was running a 6" augar in dry clay, so i got what i deserved.

Russell

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401

Postby (CUB HUT) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:06 pm

I guess I should of have been clearer on the digger--I was thinking as Big Dog said of using a two man regular post digger not the ice auger ,
Just use the mount.
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:37 pm

I think a similar mount and a 2-man auger has some potential.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:15 pm

Or just borrow Rick's Cub with the 3 point and rent a 3 point auger. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (just kidding)
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Off Topic”