This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pravda, in English

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Pravda, in English

Postby Eugene » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:10 am

http://english.pravda.ru/topic/terrorism-33/

Interesting and upsetting series of articles on the US. Well worth looking over. I do not believe any of this dribble. It is interesting to find out what is being printed and presented to the world as fact.

Eugene

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:18 am

That's amazing how the "far left" in OUR country are saying the same things !!! ........ :shock:
Ron

Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38370

Postby Russell F » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:01 pm

WOW. And to think all this time we been chasing terriost when in reality 9/11 happened because the twin towers needed to be replaced so we hired a outside group to do it....

I've been guilty of sayinq off the hook stuff when i was drunk but there is no excuss for some of those articles......so let em have there fun, they'll need our help eventually...in the form of protection or aid...

I don't particully care for our current administration and the war...but i seriously doubt that 9/11 was a planned attack by US officials to justify a oil war. Makes about as much sence as throwing the cat at the dog.

Oh well...

Russell

W6NZ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby W6NZ » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:00 pm

I haven't read the article, sounds like it is a sick sense of drivel.

I don't particully care for our current administration and the war...but i seriously doubt that 9/11 was a planned attack by US officials to justify a oil war. Makes about as much sence as throwing the cat at the dog.

I've heard this talk before and I reckon that anyone who can believe that kind of drivel belongs in the looney bin.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Looney bin, that's aterm I haven't heard in a long time. I guess it is PC incorrect here in the US.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:29 pm

If this drivel wasn't so serious, it could be considered funny.

It amazes me that even with all the rapproachment since the Fall of the Wall, that this kind of clap trap still occurs especially from the Russian Government official organ. Not much has changed -- propaganda is still propaganda.

I remember all the stuff I had to read whilst on duty in the CF way back when...., it was serious stuff then, and it is still serious stuff now. But what is really alarming about this, and in concert with the drivel coming from Al Jazeera and the other Pro-Extremist papers in the middle east, is that they are revving up the average person to hate North Americans. They foment fear, mistrust and anger even hatred based on mostly BS... it isn't even loosely based on fact, it is almost totally fiction..

It really is quite sad.

What ever you do, don't get pulled into this stuff, and don't let your blood pressure get to high over it either. Consider the source... it is all ideology..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Since I do not wish to drag into a long and potentially offensive post here, may I invite those of you who have a care to read my article on this subject here:
http://hellofaspot.blogspot.com/2006/02/on-recent-pravda-articles-regarding.html

and kindly post your replies, if you have any, there.

Thanks,

Tom

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:28 pm

Tom:

Well written. If you go to the Pravda home page you can (attempt) to post your comments.

Eminent Domain is the hot topic in the Missouri Legistature this session. The main theme is to limit eminent domain to strictly government usage such as roads, schools etc. and not to convey private property into the hands of developers.

My personal opinion is that Pravda seems to skip over such issues as the Russian government treatment of terriorists. Commit a terriorist attack in Russia, captured or not, and the family pays the price.

Eugene

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:38 am

I've read the Pravda internet articles in the past, and obviously they are not objective. Pravda reads more like National Enquirer than a bona fide newspaper. But if you think for a moment and look at all news reporting nowadays, they all have a message, or an agenda, to support. I don't care if its CBS, CNN, or Foxnews. I don't remember it being like this years ago. I read somewhere that in England TV news reporters are called "news readers", which is really all that they do. They have a script, and they read from it. No different than our news media.
A newsperson can report on a news topic and and put any kind of slant on it they want. Left or right, up or down. In this day and age sometimes I feel that too much info or history is available. A reporter used to pick the low hanging fruit to provide subject matter for a news topic. Now I feel that there is such a wealth of info available, accurate or not; that a reporter can go higher up on one branch or the other to pick and choose the info which will agree with his or her agenda, crusade, etc.
Americans are getting lazy. In the past just the facts were reported, you decide what it means. Lately it seems like they not only report the facts, they tell you what it means. We allow them to do it. My 2 cents! Larry

Return to “Off Topic”