This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

MSN Messenger

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

MSN Messenger

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:08 am

Hi Rudi,
Many thanks for the comprehensive reply on firewalls, much appreciated, you chose a language that even I can understand, well mostly! :)
Next question.
Noëlle's sister has suggested MSN Messenger so they can talk in realtime over the computer free.
What is your feeling about this sort of stuff? Is it a safe way to use our computers without compromising farmallcub.com?
Thanks in advance Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:35 am

Hey Pat, I have been using MSN Messenger almost daily for a few years and have felt safe using it.

I am not sure what you mean by this statement of [compromising farmallcub.com] unless it is something that you and Rudi had in discussion.
Then came Bronson

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:42 am

Just a little joke really, in these computer discussions often one sees compromise something or another inside the computer that I don't really understand. I think what I am saying is that I would not like to have our computer compromised so that I can't get farmallcub.fr on my screen every day.
Sorry to confuse, mind is going a bit soggy with all the rain we are having at present!
Pat

W6NZ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby W6NZ » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:41 am

I enjoyed using Messenger but found so much more spam coming through than before I downloaded it, consequently I uninstalled it. So far so good. I doubt that Messenger causes any problems to other web sites, it is the 'bad' cookies (spyware) that you have to watch out for.

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:24 am

Also all that text that is typed is plain text on the ether and can be read by anyone willing to "listen"

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

Return to “Off Topic”