This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tornado alley

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Tornado alley

Postby Bill Blansett » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:39 pm

Looks like a lot of our forum members in NW ARkansas, South Western MO, and on across to the NE are in a bad tornado path tonight. Be careful out there and don't take any chances. Take shelter. May god Bless and care for you. Bill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:25 pm

Thanks Bill.

It is supposed to get a little wicked tonight. The tornado warnings and watches are already popping up all over this area. We could be in for it. :shock:
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jeff Silvey » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:26 am

Has anyone heard from these folks :?: Hope everyone is OK. May God be with them.
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:49 am

Whew!! It was a heck of a night around here. :shock: :shock:

Kay and I (and our Springer:Maggie) found oursaelves in the middle bathroom twice. Once at around 10pm whereas a tornado was on the ground in our area for over an hour.

And then the sirens woke us up again at 1 am where another twister was spotted only a few miles from us in.

The good Lord covered us though and we have awakened to sunny skies this Monday morning.

Thx bigtime for the prayers :!:
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill Blansett » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:29 am

Haven't heard from Jim Turner. I sent E-mail to him. Bad storm appeared to go right across his area. A lot of the areas are without power, so we may hear good news later. Looks like John Pucket at Petosa, Mo was right in a bad path also. I hope we hear good news later. IL, IN and Ohio, Better watch the weather today. Bill

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:59 am

I had it lucky in that we had some big hail, but noe damage to amount to anything. Along I-55 near the Mississippi river, in the Festus area, and the St. Genevieve areas though, htye were not so lucky. 2 dead, adn a lot of damage, which also continued across into Illinois with several farms adn homes destroyed there also. One of the pictures that stands out most in my mind is a home that has been stripped off to the floor over the basement with a car and pickup setting where the bedroom and kitchen used to be.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby jim turner » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:18 pm

We made it through the tornado went right over the top of our place and touced down in Sheldon about 6 miles East of us, we had a lot of high wind and lost power for a time, but for the grace of God we were spared. Thanks to everyone for prayers and concerns.
Jim Turner

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:36 pm

I have a scanner with the weather radio channel, but it is a pain to listen too due to the amount of information it provides, and have been thinking about one of the alert radios. My son took a very strong hint and bought me this one for ChristmasImage

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... age=search

It is portable, unit and can run from am optional power supply to save the batteries. Options include programming it for the particualr alerts you want to hear, voice and alarm as you wish, and it can also be programmed by county so you only hear the alerts for your area. the only short coming is that Saturday night it kept me awake half the night. However that is the main reason I wanted it so I would have info at night when I would normally be asleep.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”