This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SOO SLOW

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

SOO SLOW

Postby Brent » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:21 am

:( :( :( Is it my imagination or my PC but it seems like navigating around the forum has really slowed down lately. It just took two minutes to go from one of the WAY WAY OUT topics to the POST a NEW TOPIC page? Anyone else having the same problem?
Always try the easiest thing first.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:27 am

Brent:

It isn't your imagination. There has been a noticeable decrease in refresh rates for me as well. Others have remarked on it, and if I remember correctly Dennis is aware as well and is working on obviating the problems...

With luck, it should improve and be back to normal soon....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29 am

I am not having any problems. I am on a DSL.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:57 am

It's my belief that this site is co-located on a server that also serves other sites. This being the case, the traffic from the other sites will have an impact on the speed of service for this site.

If this is the cause, there is likely little that can be done about it, other than moving the site to a less crowded server, which, likely, would cost more money.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:30 pm

I haven't noticed anything, but then I am on dial up and used to things being slow. it matches me, I move pretty slow too.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:00 pm

Oh Great, you mean I've been getting mad at my computer, calling it names, and it isn't even it's fault :D

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:54 pm

Rick:

It has been pretty stable since the topic was posted. Sometimes I think there is some latent response times from the server, but a lot also depends upon the net itself.

Doesn't matter how fast a computer you have, how much ram you got or even what kind of connection you have. The net is only as fast as the slowest link in the path from the data you want to your computer.

Mind you of course... 56kbps dialup modems... not going to get too quick with that..

ADSL.... well that is limited as well.. telco physical limits

Cable, DSL, T1, T2 or T3 now those are true broadband connections. I typically see downloads of 405kbps on many files... and I usually average around 375kbps.. which isn't slow..

I think whatever bug-a-boos were in the server have been cleared as the refresh times have been pretty good the last few days....

You can usually tell if it is a server problem if pages do not load, load incorrectly, you get a DNS not found, HTTP not found, Server not found errors etc.....

anything else usually is gridlock -- Santa Monica on Friday at 3:30pm.

Been there, did that for 2 years... ain't no way I ever wanna do that again.. and that was 25 years ago... Lord help them po-boys now trying to get on on Friday for the weekend... :shock: :roll: :cry:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Off Topic”