This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Blizzard in southern illinois????

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Blizzard in southern illinois????

Postby John(videodoc) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:08 pm

well the weather man finally got it right
looks to be about 6 inches on the ground here in southern illinois. should be gone by tuesday, as its to be raining on monday. kids and i had fun playing in the snow though. ofcourse i didnt have to time to getting that new blade hooked up, was figuring it could wait til next year.
its there in the pile somwhere.

anyway it well past noon by the time i got us dug out, the in-laws dug out and my aunt next door dug out. went in warmed up eat some good potato soup and back out to play with the kids. :lol: 8) 8) :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:48 pm

Looking at those snow pics makes me hungry for some of that potato soup too, then a bowl of your favorite flavored Schwan's ice cream :D Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:00 pm

That is the best kind of snow, looks good and gone in a hurry.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

W6NZ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby W6NZ » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:51 pm

Great pics what a stormy looking sky.Never seen it that colour before.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:23 am

John:

It started snowing big flakes last night about 4pm when I was pickin the girls up from university. By this morning, alles was weiss mit der schnee... all was white with freshly fallen snow.. very nice about 1-2 inches.... probably be gone by the morning on Friday though.. already melting.

I took the plow off, but just as well, because it would have been useless as the frost is now coming out of the ground, and I would probably be making a mess.... course, that just means, I would have to fix it up in a couple weeks, which means MORE SEAT TIME :!: :D :roll: :D :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:23 pm

Rudi wrote:John:

alles was weiss mit der schnee... all was white with freshly fallen snow..

Rudi,

Are you sure you're not "Pennsylvania Dutch"??

That's about as fine an example of the mixed up pig-German we speak down here, after 300 years of separation from the mother tongue, as I've seen.

It's curious to see a branch of the language go astray in a "time capsule" -- where no new words get added, but english words get substituted. For example:

Automobile, Computer, Tractor, Combine, Thresher -- all have the same name in "Pennsylvania Dutch"-- "Das Maschine"

And, the time honoured way to ask a fellow if he speaks "Pennsylvania Dutch" is to ask "Kannst Du Migge fange?" (can you catch flies?) The correct answer being "Nur wann Sie stille bleibe." (only when they sit still)

Although I cannot master the idioms of the language, and in reality, it is a language comprised entirely of idioms, I can understand it relatively well. It is fun to sit amongst the old PA Dutch and Amish and listen to them talk amongst each other.

Regrettably, aside from the Amish, there are probably less than 5000 people who speak PA Dutch fluently anymore, and writing it is difficult, because the pronunciations are not exactly like the German, or the English. The Amish will never write the language down, of course, so I fear it is a dying tongue.

Return to “Off Topic”