This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sears Power Tools

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Sears Power Tools

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:31 am

Went to Sears a couple of weeks ago to buy a new light weight circular saw, and some blades. I picked out the saw and a three pack of blades ($176.00 + tax). When I got to the cashier the fellow advised me that I had picked up the wrong blades. Said the blades were for the C3 battery powered circular saw :shock: .. I asked him to show me the "battery powered circular saw" :?

Thirty minuted later I had bought the C3 system circular saw, sander, drill/driver, work light, reciprocating saw, small vac, three 19.2 volt Die Hard batteries, battery charger that hangs on the wall, 15 blades for the recip. saw, four circular saw blades and a canvas bag to store everything in. Total price $271.00 + tax. The C3 tools and batteries themselves were $239.00. 8)

My old Dewalt 12 v drill seems light an antique compared to these new and very powerful tools. I can't choke that drill down..no way. A friend of mine recently purchased a Milwaukee battery drill driver and paid over $400.
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:24 pm

Great to hear that a cashier is keeping his eyes open for his customers!
Nice deal Arizona
Pat

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:00 am

It really is nice to hear about a cashier in sears who is on the ball! Nice buy Mike!

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:31 pm

Mike,
Great buy that's a good deal! I have some 18v Milwakee tools and really like them. If the 19.2V is better than the 18v which I'm told it is then you got yourself a whale of a set of tools!!

Now off to the shop to make something!
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:03 pm

Pat, I have been looking at your web site....slowly... here on the dial up. What a beautiful collection you have way over there.

Yes, customer service is all but history these days. Don has been at Sears in Sierra Vista ever sice I have lived here and has always given me great service. We have worn out many shovels and rakes getting this place cleaned up. A week or two before I bought the C3 tools I took him three old Craftsman shovels and a rake...he handed me three new shovels and a new rake. no hassles.

These 19.2 v tools have all been tested and I am very pleased with the power and the battery life. The charger will restore a battery in less than 1 hr. I am going back for the high speed rotary tool :lol:
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Return to “Off Topic”