This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How To Fix Current U.S. Problems

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

How To Fix Current U.S. Problems

Postby johnbron » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:17 pm

:idea:
Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border, take the dirt and raise the levee`s in New Orleans and put the Florida alligators in the moat.

Any other problems you would like for me to solve?

I offered this suggestion to FEMA but they said it was to complicated for it to work. :twisted:
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:42 am

Might work.

Couple of comments. Most governmental agencies have regulations pertaining to flood zones, prohibiting rebuilding if the damage to a building is 50% or more. Also the state and federal government has spent billions buying out people residing in flood zones. My question is, why is New Orleans exemp? And why are we, the taxpayers, putting money into a below sea level hole that continues to sink?

As far as the Mexico-USA fence. My opinion, the fence is mostly a pyschological feel good concept. In order for the fence to work you need manpower. Manpower with the authority to arrest, detain and return invaders.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:24 pm

If Mexico allowed private US citizens to own land and emmigrate without restriction, you would soon find the Yucatan peninsula becoming the new Florida for retirees. Then, it would not be so unpleasant to have mexicans immigrate here. What's fair is fair. If they want porous borders, they have to play the game, too.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:20 pm

From a June 5th Newsweek article, "Stepping Over the Line.":

Mexicans cheered President Fox on sending soldiers down to their southern border to lessen immigration. Since 1974, a person caught sneaking into Mexico can spend up to 2 years in prison. The Mexican government has only given legal status to 15,000 foreigners without papers in the past 5 years.

Seems to be a one-way street. Until Mexico loosens up it's immagration policies, there won't be very many Floridians moving there anytime soon Tom. :wink:
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:16 pm

When I retired from the US Army, I gave serious consideration to moving to Costa Rica. A retiree can reside in Costa Rica quite inexpensively. No taxes on retirement income. Household goods imported without duty. Pleasant climate, 1 1/2 hour flight from the USA.

Most recently the Republic of Panama has initiated similiar considerations for retirees.

An influx of US and Canadian snow birds wouldn't come close to matching the US dollars sent home by Mexicans working in the US. Although it certainly would be very good for the Mexican economy.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:17 am

JB

I sent that to my Aunt

This is her replie

You've got some reeeeeeaallyyyyyy S.M.ART friends! (by the way, "smart" is exactly how my Jim used to say it.
Fantastic idea with the moat, levee & gators!
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

FarmLadyWannaB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Retiring to Costa Rica

Postby FarmLadyWannaB » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:36 am

But Eugene, how would you git your Farmall Cub on the plane to Costa Rica :!: :?: :o :arrow: :lol:

Maybe they could put it in the cargo hold where they keep dogs in traveling crates... heck, it's not much bigger than one of those :!: :!: :lol:

Jocelyn, ducking and running
1948 Farmall Cub ("Lil")
--------------------------
"All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all."

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Re: Retiring to Costa Rica

Postby Eugene » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:46 am

FarmLadyWannaB wrote:But Eugene, how would you git your Farmall Cub on the plane to Costa Rica :!: :?: :o :arrow: :lol:

I would just drive the Cub to Costa Rica or Panama on the PanAmerican highway - or what is left of it. It would be a very good sight seeing trip. Probably take a couple of months, one way.

Eugene

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:30 pm

Shipping into Costa Rica isn't too bad. Customs can be a bit annoying.

Several years ago I went to a vacation community on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The entrance road had the usual swing-up gates. They were obviously shop made, or maybe home-made would be a better description. They, of course, had counterbalance weights attached. The counter weights were IH suitcase weights.

Return to “Off Topic”