This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HAPPY 230th. BIRTHDAY AMERICA !

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:03 pm

I think that sometimes we forget that even though America affords up many rights and freedoms, sometimes those opinions are best left unspoken. At least for the time. We are so conditioned to assert our "rights" that we often forget our manners.
We need to remember that we are all guests here on this website. The website is an extension of Dennis' hospitality and for us to conduct ourselves in petty bickering and expression of opinion is just downright rude.
Yes, we have been provided a "Way off topic" forum. It is a place for discussions away from the main thrust of this forum in general. It is not a place for us to forsake our manners and behave badly.
Topics such as politics and religion always generate controversy and they are best expressed on those forums.
I, like many come here to get away from things like that and to relax and talk tractor with my friends - regardless of their religious and political beliefs.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:33 pm

Well said, BD. I especially like your last statement. Whether Democrat, Republican, Independent, Catholic, Jewish, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc., we are all bound together by our love of old tractors and equipment and that should supersede political and religious beliefs. Dan

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:42 pm

Bigdog wrote:I think that sometimes we forget that even though America affords up many rights and freedoms, sometimes those opinions are best left unspoken. At least for the time. We are so conditioned to assert our "rights" that we often forget our manners.
We need to remember that we are all guests here on this website. The website is an extension of Dennis' hospitality and for us to conduct ourselves in petty bickering and expression of opinion is just downright rude.
Yes, we have been provided a "Way off topic" forum. It is a place for discussions away from the main thrust of this forum in general. It is not a place for us to forsake our manners and behave badly.
Topics such as politics and religion always generate controversy and they are best expressed on those forums.
I, like many come here to get away from things like that and to relax and talk tractor with my friends - regardless of their religious and political beliefs.

Bigdog,
I did not intend to bicker, once again I apologize if it seemed so.
Dennis has indeed created the best site on the web.
I'll stick to tractor related topics, at least until next independence day :wink:
May God bless and protect those who are serving today and, see them home safely.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:48 pm

Dave,

It is not to say that one should run with one's tail between one's legs either.

We all say things that are, perhaps, inappropriate for the general audience from time to time.

During the first round of serious disapproval of the Iraqi conflict last year, I tried to show how the Qu'ran justified our being there, and quoted several passages from it. I found that topic had disappeared rather rapidly as well.

Personally, I probably hold the farmallcub.com record for having posts locked and deleted, and I do not take it personally. I think, sometimes, it is probably best that I am censored.

While, when I am writing something, I have only the best intentions at heart, it is often times the case that I do not carry my message as purely as I would have intended. The moderators here appreciate that fact, and do not hold it against me as a human being. It does not stop me from speaking my mind on any issue. It does, however, make me read and re-read my posts before hitting the "submit" button, to try and make sure that I am in fact representing my thoughts well, and not inadvertently attacking someone.

Since I did not see your original post, I cannot judge what it contained, or in what ways people found offense in it, but I'd venture to say that it wasn't what you said, but, rather, how you said it, as is the problem with 99% of life's disagreements.

Hang in there Dave, and no, there is no reason to keep to tractor-related topics, as long as we mind our manners..................

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If not, someone will delete it, and that's the end of the problem, no hard feelings...... :shock:

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:16 pm

400lbs,
Thanks for the kind comments.
The post was a cut and paste from http://libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=147790
I'll admit it is scathing, but not "beyond the bounds", at least I don't think so.
I can understand wht BD and some others may want to keep this a politics free zone, it is a very pleasant place to visit and there are other places to discuss serious topics.
I learned a long time ago not to try to awaken someone who is comfortably asleep, it makes them very grumpy.

:shock:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:21 pm

Dave - I did not mean to imply that you were bickering etc. In fact, I read only part of your original post and found it to be something that I had seen another time and place. I found it neither upsetting nor offensive. Controversial, perhaps if read in the wrong frame of mind but as it was in the proper forum I saw no need for me to do anything about or to your post.
What say we move on and quit beating a dead horse? Anyone want to talk tractors?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

FarmLadyWannaB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fireworks?

Postby FarmLadyWannaB » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:37 am

I just want to know how Rudi got the animated fireworks into his posting--gee golly WOW :!: :o :) :D :lol: Rudi, you are an email wizard. I could look at that message all day :!: , but then I guess I'm easily amused. :wink:

Going back to the Farmall Cub topic.....

Cheers, Jocelyn
1948 Farmall Cub ("Lil")
--------------------------
"All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all."

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:28 am

I want to thank our Canadian friends for their best wishes. If all the peoples of the world were of such good stock this would be a better world.

Rudi thanks of the display.
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

double R
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby double R » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:49 pm

Little Indy, I'll have to agree with you on the Canadian people. I never been to Canada but I was in the army with a fellow from Canada, he was a real pleasure to be around. His name was Don Ethier.

Return to “Off Topic”