This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

No Respect

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

No Respect

Postby Eugene » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:00 am

Granddaughters, 12 and 13 years old, spent a week with us. They didn't bring hats to protect from the sun. I told the girls that we were going to shoot rifles and pistols. Get a cap before we leave. On the acerage/shooting range the girls put on their caps. From my cherished ball cap collection the girls had selected the *-?-!* Cub Owner cap and the Farmall Est. 1923 cap. They didn't take the Edward Jones Investment cap, Snake Pass, Master Wildlifer or one of the unmarked caps. No, they borrowed my precious, highly valued, Sunday go to meeting Farmall caps. No Respect.

Ok. So what else happened. Prepared the daughter, son in-law and granddaughters for a float trip down the Gasconade. At the boat ramp I told the granddaughters, still wearing the Farmall caps, that when they passed the nudist camp, Not to Look. There is no nudist camp but they must have looked any way. First thing they said when I picked them up was that they had seen two very young children skinny dipping in the river.

I did conduct a search of their luggage before they departed to make sure I got the Farmall caps back.

Such is life in the Missouri Ozarks.

Eugene

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:19 pm

I gues the cub cap was appropriate, since the provider used to be a rifle instructor. LOL
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:39 pm

Eugene
Ready on the left?, ready on the right?
I tell ya I don't get any respect. I think you and I are sounding like Rodney Dangerfield. Took my son for the first time(he's 14) to fire my collection of World War 2 weapons.At the firing range. After a class in safety and the weapons the night before of principal of operations. To get familiar with the M1 Garand, M1 carbine, and the German K98.We get to the range ,I tell him. Listen up buster this is not one of those computer games, x box thing am jigs. this is the real Mcoy. He gets himself comfortable.,Grabs the garand , I tell him to get his sight picture. he hits three in the black at 100 yards. So I say not bad. I said you see that water bottle out there at 200? He says yes, Boom! :shock: What water bottle. I give him the Carbine, Oh he likes that! Loads a magazine pulls the rod back and says :twisted: "Who's going left" ? He watches to many movies. These kids today. He hits everything in site. missing nothing. Finally I give him the K98. Lets just say after a couple a rounds I knew he met his match.This one hurts my arm! Ya had enough?Nah I having to much fun. This is easy.just like X-Box but somebody punching me in the arm. I thought you said this is tough. Smart ---. Lets go home I said. At least I'll have the satisfaction of letting him clean these rifles. :wink:
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:30 pm

Shooting was a lot of fun. The girls had problems shooting the pistols. They did ok with the rifle. Shooting 22 longs. Still have the weapons to clean.

I have a Madsen 30-06 carbine, Mauser action, stamped Columbia Army (in Spanish). It's a really nice deer rifle. I purchased it about 35 years ago for around $35.00.

In the mid 1970s, while stationed in the Washington D.C area I frequently visited the arms dealers in the basin. At that time you could pick up ex-military weapons for $15.00. If I had the place to put it I could have purchased a tank.

Eugene

Return to “Off Topic”