This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Made It Home Again

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Made It Home Again

Postby Merlin » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:20 pm

From the bottom of my being, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I know they work. My wife lay in her hospital bed 11 days without much improvement and on the 12th day she rallied somewhat. Today makes the 13th day and her and I walked (shuffled) about 50 feet to the exit and sat in the hospital garden for about an hour. My angiogram went well. He didn't install any stints because he said there were some arteries clogged 50% and less. My problem is that my heart is just getting weaker and wearing out. He said the previous heart attacks had damaged my heart to the extent is isn't beating as strong as it is supposed to. An average person's heart Ejection Fraction is between 55 and 70. Mine is 15. He also said, "you've made it this far, keep it up and you will be an old man yet". I wonder what constitutes being an old man. My Grandkids think I'm ancient. I am finding it more and more difficult just walking to my garage though. At least I don't have but a few hours left on my Cub and it will have all done to it that I am going to do. I have one more in waiting, but I imagine it will stay in waiting.
Thanks again for all my friends on the board I've met and all that I haven't met. I wish I could meet you all and say thanks for being there for me when I needed you. Maybe some day.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:52 pm

Merlin:

I am glad that you are still with us and that the angiogram was somewhat positive. As the Doc said, with proper diet, excersice and care, you probably have many more years ahead of you. It will just take some time to get it all together.

Our prayers will be with you and your family as you continue through this particular difficult time. We sincerely hope and pray that the Good Lord will keep you and bless you all, and if it is in his plan to keep you with us for a long time yet.

God Bless you both and your family, be well, keep us posted. (+)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:23 pm

Merlin,

We're really happy to hear your good report. Some others of us have also learned to appreciate the value of our friends' prayers. My heart seems to be the only good part I have left... and you can have mine just as soon as I'm finished with it.

We'll continue to pray in our own way for God's mercy on you and your wife.

How about an update on your 4 legged friend? We lost out beloved Reba about a month ago.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:41 am

George Willer wrote:Merlin,

How about an update on your 4 legged friend? We lost out beloved Reba about a month ago.

Sorry to hear about Reba George. I know the attachment you can have with a beloved pet. I had Prissy 12 years when she died in April 04 and I find myself talking to her when I pass her grave in my back yard. But my K-9 son Baxter is doing a lot better. He has 4 more days of medicine the Vet said to give him until its all gone. He had some kind of liver infection. I had him groomed yesterday because he is a Lhasa Apso, so his coat gets long and it is too hot for him to be outside any length of time and it also gets dirty and tangeled being outside with me. But he is back to following every step I make.

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:04 am

Merlin,

What a great job, you’ve done on that tractor! Remember many times you have had a “locked door” confronting you and you have been the “master locksmith” to somehow unlock it. I think again “the door is about to open”. God bless you and your wife!!!
Jack Fowler

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:53 am

Merlin God bles you and your wife. I don't know about your getting to be old business. On my mothers 83rd birthday she said "Bill I think I am starting to approach middle age" May you have the same.

Bill & Beverly Sorensen
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:00 pm

Merlin,
God Bless and keep you both. Your Cub is looking Great you have done a super job on it.

Ron Whiting
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Return to “Off Topic”