This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Send a thank you card

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Send a thank you card

Postby Jack fowler » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:31 pm

I received this via E-mail today. It’s mostly for children, but I know if a soldier gets a card from anyone it really helps!

If your heart goes out to all the brave men and women serving overseas please send a card of thanks. They're making a huge sacrifice for our country.

You can send a free, printed postcard to soldiers stationed overseas. There are a number of designs from which you can choose. Just select one, and click "send this card." Then enter your name, hometown and your message. The card will be printed and sent to a soldier.

http://www.letssaythanks.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:19 pm

I also have received these emails from my US friends.. and have sent a Thank You card to the US Forces. These cards were drawn by students at US schools, but are NOT just for kids.. it is for all US citizens and others who feel similarly as well... the designs are just from kids expressing their feelings.

I emailed Xerox about doing the same thing for Canadian Troops, or even to add a line from Canada.. but they will have to wait for the next update. They did suggest that if we were to input our home town, province as well as country on the same line and then just use the default for the state, it will get to the service people with where we are from.

I feel it is important to send a thank you to our US brethren, thanking them for helping to keep North America safe.. I do hope eventually we will be able to send similar post cards to our own troops as well. One hopes that our US cousins will do the same for our troops as well.

My heart goes out to the families of the latest 4 we lost in the last few days.... the number goes up and up, but the resolve is still there.

Bravo Zulu to all Who Stand UP To Be Counted :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:26 am

Rudi

From where does Bravo Zulu come? By chance from the action in South Africa depicted in the movie Zulu? An action that gathered the unit the most VC's given to one unit for one action. (I think that is till true)

Richard
Last edited by Little Indy on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:47 am

Richard - check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravo_Zulu
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:01 pm

Richard:

That is a pretty good explanation.. historically accurate if I remember correctly. Of course, we have always used that version, as Baker Zebra would be something I would not have gotten right away.

Nice thought processs though on the origins.. wouldn't have thought of that.. although it definitely goes way beyond Bravo Zulu to win the Victoria Cross... they are true heroes to me..

Unfotunately we lost 2 more of our young soldiers in Afghanistan on Saturday. But, even though the cost continues to increase the cause is just... and we shall perservere. I just hope our politicians have the brains to keep their idiot ideas out of the mix and also to have the backbone to let the military do what the military does best. WIN!

If the politicians kept their meddling out of Military Matters, Vietnam and the first Gulf War would have been a lot shorter... micro management from afar by a politician only creates multitudes of unnecessary caualties..

Even though Canada now no longer allows the flag to fly at Half Mast for our Soldiers, My flags are now at Half Mast and will be until Saturday.. to H.ll with Politicians..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Off Topic”