This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HELP WITH TOOTH ACHE

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

HELP WITH TOOTH ACHE

Postby Mag Man » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:08 pm

I was wondering if anyone has a cure or short fix for a bad tooth ache. I am on antibiotics as of today and will get it pulled as soon as I can call and get in after tomorow. Have lots of pain killers but they dont seem to help much.
JON

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Xrunner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Xrunner » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:03 pm

Hi Mag Man,
Sorry to hear about your tooth, I swear there is nothing worse than a tooth ache.
Sounds like it might be abscessed, if so I know of a couple things that have worked for our family.

1. make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, squeeze the excess water out of the tea bag and stick the warm tea bag in your mouth (over the swelling), the warmth will draw out some of the infection and reduce the pressure on the nerves.

2. alieve, advil, and a few other over the counter pain killers will sometimes work when the prescription stuff doesn't.

3. rinsing with hot salt water every half hr or so will help to draw out the infection too.

Main thing is to reduce the swelling, unfortunately antibiotics take a day or 2 before they really kick in.

Hope you get better soon!
John

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:17 pm

Mag Man

When we wre children and had a tooth ache my grandfather would give us a cut of his chewing tobacco.It did not taste very good but worked.Just DO NOT swallow the juice.Don!t ask LOL . 8) :shock: Bruce
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:00 pm

THANKS GUYS I WILL TRY THE FIRST POST FIRST THEN THE CHEW.lol
JON

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:24 pm

It's been 40+ years since I've had a tooth ache, but I remember them well. I tried everything everyone ever told me, but the tobacco worked best for me. I finally had 2 dozen pulled at one time and that stopped the hurt. I took them home and put them in a glass of ice water with sugar in it and told them "hurt now you #%$^)&^". A few were gold crowns so I took one and had a tie tac made out of the tooth.

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Hengy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:16 am

MagMan...

I HATE TOOTH PAIN... You just cannot get away from it and it hurts like the dickens...

It does sound to me like an abscess like I have had. My teeth are horrible. The antibiotics should knock it down pretty good in about a day or so, though. What a relief that is. Until the antibiotics kicked in and took the infection down, I lived on Advil...

Good luck and I hope that the pain goes away!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:09 pm

Well I was up for about two hours in the middle of the night. Tried hot salt water. Did not have chew so I used cigarette tobacco. Both seemed to help a little. Then 4 advills and back to sleep my wife go me an opiontment this morning for a week from today. Did not want to pay the extra $75.00 for an emergency one. If I could stop rubbing the darn things with my tongue it would not hurt so much. LOL. I guess the antis are kicking in starting to feel a little better. My cheek looks like a chipmounks that just put away a whole bag of peanuts.
JON

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:58 pm

Hi Jon

Did you try the tooth ache stuff its novacain I can't rember the brand name. That usually works for me. Regular pain killers such as alive or advile never worked for me with tooth aches.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:48 am

Jon, I know it is kind of a long trip, but I do have a mallet and a large pair of pliers that would sove the problem.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

2 Busy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 2 Busy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:48 pm

If you can stand the taste, put an asprin or whatever you have on the tooth and let it disolve on the tooth. sometimes it works pretty good. might try the local pharmacy to see if they have any over the counter stuff. Can't remember what that stuff is called that comes in a little tube for tooth pain.

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:17 am

I thought about you yesterday Mag Man. I was sitting in my Dr.'s office waiting my turn and flipping through the magazines and came across an article on tooth aches. It said to put an ice cube in the V part of the hand where the thumb and first finger bones meet and hold it there for a few minutes. Something about sending signals to stop hurting to the brain.

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:22 am

Its feeling pretty good now. I will have to remember that ice cube thing.
I have tried all the above suggestions Baby aspirin in the tooth an actual ocy codone in the tooth, Anbesol, Orajel, All of them no releaf. I think once you get a good infection its to late for most of that over the counter stuff. Luckly I had a sore throat last fall and my Dr always rites for a refill on the anti's so I refilled it sat and started taking it Sun morning has helped emencly. The scarry part is I have to call in for jury duty Sat morning and they will probably say report Mon morning to court and there will go my week wait for the dentice.LOL
JON

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:36 am

Jon, I pick on you some, but I have been through the same thing, infected tooth that I had to take antibiotics to clear up before they could fix. I've had things that hurt worse, but you could get relief from them, in one fashion or another. A bad toothache goes on and on, with you hurting so bad it is almost unbarable.

On your jury duty, I only have had limited experience, but the tiem I was on jury duty it was easy to get an excuse for illness, which included severe dental problmes. The duty was postponed, not cancelled though.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”