This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Any Ford parts people here?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487
Circle of Safety: Y

Any Ford parts people here?

Postby Jackman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:03 am

I sure do like my Ford trucks, but the dealer sure does get more than their fair share when it comes to the parts cost. My 95 F-350, 1 ton, 6 wheeler, 4x4 ,Powerstroke ( Made by International :{_}: ) , anyway I needed a shield/ mounting strap for the rear fuel tank my cost 428 dollars plus tax cash & carry :shock: :shock: :x . Man that price was way high for what the part is, just stamped 1/16 steel that forms to the shape of the tank , anyway I did something I never do and that's complain about the cost so they dropped it down to 381 dollars out the door, still way high imop........ Just wondering if anyone has an iside connection as to what the mark up is on Ford parts?

Fordman AKA Jackman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:08 am

I cant say for sure but back about two years ago I replaced the tank ,sending unit, and straps, on my 88 chevy and through searches I found a place in NY I think elmira or Bingimton area. That was real good on all that stuff. Thats what I would do is do some searches for gas tanks sending units and find a company that has it all. Plus they have all these shows on the spped channel all the time two guys garage and such theydo a lot of stuff like that also and can always find better aftermarket performence parts cheaper.
JON

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:01 am

There is a Ford parts guy in town. I'll check with him tomorrow and let you know, If I remember!! Where are you at? He usually ships anywhere.

Andy
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:54 pm

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:13 am

Thanks fellas,

I was just blowin off steam, I actually already bought the shield at the dealer since there is no other choice ,its not available after market for a 1 ton, my point was the Ford dealer is charging way way too much for a simple part, that really ticks me off :evil: ...

Thanks Jack

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:11 am

Jackman wrote:Thanks fellas,

I was just blowin off steam, I actually already bought the shield at the dealer since there is no other choice ,its not available after market for a 1 ton, my point was the Ford dealer is charging way way too much for a simple part, that really ticks me off :evil: ...

Thanks Jack

It sounds like Ford is in big trouble.From the second largest manufacture to the third or 4th now behind dodge can you believe that? It sounds like there trying to make money anywhere they can to pay for all those early retirements.
I guess its not much different than CNH new holland takes over they rebag as many parts as possible and up the 30 to 60% what are you going to do. Find a local place to make them for you. I would have went to a local plastic plant we have two or three in my area and have asked them how much to punch you out one heck maybe ten and sell them to all the other folks that are in the same boat.
JON

Return to “Off Topic”