This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bad day at work

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Bad day at work

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:53 pm

This was posted on another forum by a man who works for an elevator company. guess I'm not the only one who has had things go wrong at times.

I was stuck on an elevator with a co worker service tech a few years back. He had been having problems with a certain elevator not running. I went down on a Saturday on overtime, we spent TWELVE HOURS looking at that thing before I finally discovered the problem. Fixed that and with a sigh of relief, he and I were both headed down from the top floor when the elevator stopped in flight due to an entirely different problem!! He and I both looked at each other and grinned, he says "you gonna make the call or am I?" I chuckled that it was his unit, he should have the honors. This elevator has an ADA phone with a pre recorded message that plays when the call is recieved by our answering service. After the message played, the lady on the other end says "do you need assistance?" The service tech replied, yes I am the service tech and I am stuck on this unit. She said "very well, I will have your back up tech, Mr Hummelgaard, come to your aid." The service tech replied "Well, you see, he is stuck on here with me!" I thought the lady on the other end was going to die laughing. blush.gif blush.gif As it turned out, our boss was called to come rescue the both of us. He sure had a big laugh when he opened that door and let us out! laugh.gif
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:45 am

Good one John. Thanks for the morning chuckle :D . That reminded me of the time when I went up the ladder and onto the roof to check on some shingles that blew off during the previous days storm. You guessed it, a wind came along and blew my ladder over and I was stuck up there. My cell phone was in the house and a dark cloud was heading my way :shock: in the distance. Being retired, I was the only one around in the neighborhood, and had to wait for a neighbor to come home and then I started to yell. He got a chuckle out of that. The cloud blew over to the North :?

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:08 am

One time my step father was checking the dryness of his corn in one of his grain bins on a distant farm he cash rented. The farm house had been deserted for many years. He climbed up, while up there the wind came up outta no where and blew down his ladder. He normally fastened them to the bin at that top on the way up, but forgot this time. His choice, stay there for maybe days, until some one happen to come by looking for him, as it was at least 1 1/2 miles off the road, behind many out buildings. Or carefully hang from the the lid of the bin and drop to the ground and hope he could crawl to the truck and get help if needed. Thats what he did. He flattened his feet was the only immediate damage, and had physical therapy for a long time. However today, years later, a hip relacement, double knee suyrgery pending, back surgery pending as well, looks like it took more of a toll than orgianlly expected.
john

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:40 pm

John, your mention of grain bins brought back a memory i hadn't thought of for many years. When I was going to college I worked one summer in a tiff (barrite) mining operation. One of the jobs of summer help is to go up the converyor to the hoppers (very similiar to grain bins) and climb down inside using welded hand rungs and scrape the dried material from the walls so it will fall down as material is drawn out the bottom. The bins were about 8 or 10 feet across, and the tiff in them is a gravely and sandy type material mixed that is very heavy, nearing the weight of lead. I was working in one of them using a long handled concrete scraper to clean the walls when I suddenly relaized I was hip deep in tiff. A truck had pulled under the hopper and was pulling a load out of it. The tiff was going down in the center and rolling in from the sides. the material was so heavy and the way it was rolling I couldn't dig out of it. After a few seconds of panic when I thought about the fact that the tiff was 20 feet or more deep below me, and no one would know anythign was wrong until my body blocked the hopper below I finally gained enough presence of mind to lean over toward the side and grab hold of the rungs welded inside the bin. I then just held on as the tiff level kept dropping until I was finally clear enough to pull my legs out. Good thing that I was young and strong.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”