This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

DOLLAR BILLS FROM A ATM ?????

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

DOLLAR BILLS FROM A ATM ?????

Postby Mag Man » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:23 am

I had to ask you folks this. Yesterday a fellow came by with a wad of 1 dollar bills said he rec them from an atm. They are all like new 2003 series and the serial #s were all consecutive.I was able to look at them and I could see the thread color variation in them so I dont believe they were play money. Any one ever heard of such a thing? especially $1.00s coming from an ATM ?
JON

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:10 am

Banks around here give $20.00 or $50.00. Never used an ATM other than at the bank.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:45 am

our atm machines will do $10.00 ,but never heard of $1.00 from an atm
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:46 pm

Me neither and I was able to get 12 of them from him. I see on ebay there are a few 1977 one dollar bills with consecutive #s no bids and there are some 2.00 bills the same no bids. I guess I cant go wrong they are at least worth what I paid for them. I am just wanting to really know why they were in an ATM ???? unless they ran oput of 20s and used them instead?
JON

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lance Leitzel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:31 am

Hi - I can actually do that one better. IBM and Diebold did a joint venture quite a few years back and produced a machine that dispense both bills (1,5,10,20,50,100) and change (1,5,10,25) I don't think it did $2 bills or half dollars, but might have. Anyway, IBM's credit unions got a good deal on them, so I can remember fondly getting exact change for the drink machines from them.

Other cool trick they did, was you could depost checks into the machine without an envelope. Sign the check and slide it in. It would capture a digital image of the check and would post it on the screen so you could enter the amount of the deposit.

Too bad they never caught on.
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 pm

Mag Man wrote:Me neither and I was able to get 12 of them from him. I see on ebay there are a few 1977 one dollar bills with consecutive #s no bids and there are some 2.00 bills the same no bids. I guess I cant go wrong they are at least worth what I paid for them. I am just wanting to really know why they were in an ATM ???? unless they ran oput of 20s and used them instead?
JON

I have $50.00 of one dollar bills in consecutive order got them from the bank one day when cashing a ck & teller & I discovered them bought the hole wad.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:26 am

COOL!
Well the 77s ending up selling for $3.00 a piece. I guess I will put them in the safe for safe keeping.
JON

RustyVT
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RustyVT » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:49 pm

I have no idea how much the '77s are worth or why, but for the most part, there's nothing too special about consecutive serials, except that they don't stay consecutive very long. If someone is interested in getting "new" money from a bank, just ask. If you are a good customer, they'll probably be happy to order some for you from the Fed. Only problem is that not all bills are always available new, which is the only time they're in order.

When I worked in a bank, we used to get bundles of new bills in and split them up for use in the cash drawers. If a customer cared, we'd give them consecutives. Also, $2 were freely available (and still are). I used to get a bundle and pay for my school lunches with them. The lunch ladies would give me double tickets for them, which probably explains why I'm so blessed fat.

Return to “Off Topic”