This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Any one using internet exsplorer 7 or beta?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:42 am

Jackman wrote: Jim I think maybe I have 7 also, how did you go back to 6? Jack

Jack, the way I went back was to go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, then scroll down to IE 7, highlight it and click on Remove. It will be IE 6 when you get back to your home page.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:05 am

Guys:

This is like not all that serious. MS in its infinite wisdom (sic), continues to choose to profer software that is supposed to be point and click, tres simple..

Unfortunately, as usual, it isn't.

What is occuring is that MS wants its IE platform to be seamless with all of its new LIVE proferrings.. which means that it's default Mail Client will be Hotmail... NOT... Outlook or even Outlook Express.

Outlook express is the simplest, but not the best email client available.. But not everyone likes it. I still am not a huge fan. I like Netscape 4.74.. but.. not compatible with XP and I absolutely will not use anything that is owned by AOL EVER... so that leaves me with Outlook Express or Eudora.. or Thunderbird.

But guess what. you can change how that link for your email works.

I have yet to experiment a lot, but if you go into it's properties tab you should be able to change where it goes as it's default destination.

As for using yahoo mail, or hotmail or any of those online thingys... well not a chance for me. My correspondence is between me and the person corresponding with me. I do not want anybody intercepting my comms nor do I want people spamming me.. MS is notorious for having back doors left wide open and their software having more holes than swiss cheese.. any national variety... :roll: :oops: :!: :!:

Merlin:

That is the correct way to uninstall any program in XP. Well done!

Jack, the Beta is a testing version.. it is still legal MS software.. it is not malware ok.. don't worry about that. I really DO NOT LIKE at all this new Windows Live Mail or Live Messenger or any of that LIVE stuff at all.. I just wish they would concentrate on making their software work properly instead of all these new and improved interfaces that are just junk.....

Anyways... there are ways around it and you do not have to be a software guru to navigate through this stuff.

Pose the correct question, and the software guru's that are part of our forums WILL find a way to help you fix IE7. I do like the phishing filter.. it is useful. A lot of the other stuff, remains to be judged. So far my kids use it.. but I don't.. I just maintain the garbage..

Jon:

Any of that free crap is just that -- crap. Your mail is NOT secure. Personally there is no way I would be using it. Use the email addy that your ISP gives you. It may also pose some problems, but that is part of life on the information highway. You will always have a bunch of morons who delight in making peoples lives miserable...

Spam: Merlin, since Friday I have over 2,000 deleted emails in my delete box. I delete every Friday. I usually have between 2,000 to 4,000 emails. Much of it is spam. I use SpamFighter.. it is free, it is pretty effective, but does not catch it all. It also sometimes blocks stuff from people I actually want email from, but then I just check my SpamFighter folder and I unblock it. It then goes from the Black List to the White List.. and no more problems on that addy. But I still delete 50 or more spams a day.. it is part of internet life. MORONS, and SHILLS and CON Artists etc., mail tons of this crap. I even get spam addressed to other people.

That is because my ISP is in partnership with YAHOO... which is also notorious for being the biggest, useless POS chat/mail program on the NET.... they are also LAZY... money for nothing and the kicks are free - who said that :?: :?: :lol: I know, do anyone else :?: :?:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:12 am

Look at them YoYo's...

Rudi wrote:
I absolutely will not use anything that is owned by AOL EVER...

But you do watch CNN :?: :?:
8)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:16 am

True:

But got no choice there... But I Do Not Buy TIME :!: either..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:11 pm

I am SORRY I am not PC savy either but I really can not understand why you guys do not like 7. I went back to 6 for a while while on beta and they were working out some problems but I can not live without the tab system now. Its GREAT. I use my walmart connect for email and I have a hughes net account also from my broadband. I have had a yahoo account for about 8 years now I do not use it unless I want to and clean it out every month or two but there spam guard works pretty good for me. You just have to take the time to mark what ones are spam the first time.
As for my wmconnect they are a netscape they started out as almost exactly the same as AOL just subtle differences same IM as AOL upgraded they did not and do not have all the bells and whistles that AOL has now but for 9.97 a month I love it specially after canceling AOPL at $24.95 or what ever it was. What happened was walmart went to AOL and said we want to do this and bought into there platform or something becuase when I first tryed them in the late 90's they were almost identical you just used @wmconnect.com instead of @aol.com
JON

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:59 pm

Failure To Connect To Web Server
HERE IS THE MESSAGE AS OF 6:45 PM I CAN NOT GET ON THE SITE THROUGH EXSPLORER.

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:34 pm

Rudi wrote:
There is a reason why the auto phishing filter is built in... it is to actually see/stop/wipe phishbots and stop them from datamining.... you don't really want to disable that feature...

I agree it is a good feature. I have it enabled on our family desktop computer where we pay bills, do our banking and make online purchases.

I have it disabled on my laptop I use in the evening. My activity on that machine is pretty routine - browse the Cub forum, check weather, send an e-mail or two. I don't send financially related account numbers or passwords or even visit sites that require that type of info when using the laptop.

Do you think the threat is great enough I should enable it on both machines :?: Thanks.
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:49 pm

Vince:

It is serious enough that many people have had to declare bankruptcy both in the US and Canada, depending on residency over the last few years because of Data/ID theft... depends on how you feel about it.

Personally, if a Cray Computer takes 24 months to crack a 128bit 10 character double encrypted password... I am not that worried about phishing.. but since my VISA card is on my puter.. and may be accessible via some online data miner.. yeah... I have the phishing filter enabled.

However, I am still using IE6 but I have MSN 7.5 with the MSN Toolbar 2.5 version as well which provides me with the updated Phishing filter, other filters AND TABBED browsing..

only problem with the MS IE6 Tabbed browsing, it still has yet to recognize my cub favicon from the Manual Server, but Firefox saw it within seconds of loading.... go figure huh??

For those who like the tabbed browsing and it is very very useful.. but do not want IE7 get MSN 7.5 for XP with MSN Toolbar 2.5.. has all you want/need to do anything.. well for Microsoft it isn't bad... :lol: :lol:

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:33 am

6:30 AM Thurs Morn still cant get on the board. What the heck is up here.
Alls I get is failure to connect. Any Body ANYBODY AT ALL.
JON

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:47 am

Jon, I don't know what is going on but everything is operating fine from all of my computers to the board. Maybe you've already done so but you might try deleting all temporary internet files from the cache. It is possible that one is corrupt and causing your problem.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:06 am

Jon:

What are the errors?

BD gave you good advice, and it should help if the errors are on your end. If they are SQL, Database etc., type errors, then they may not be on your end.

Try this. When you cannot connect to the forum, hit your back button on your browser. Wait a minute. Then REFRESH. If that doesn't work, what error do you get.

Diagnosing a computer connect error to a site without the errors is like trying to diagnose what is wrong with your ford by checking your chevy pickup... :lol: :lol:

If you see the error.. BEFORE you do anything, open up a copy of NotePad. Then go back to your browser. Highlight EVERYTHING on the page, right click, copy. Then navigate into your NotePad window, and paste the info into notepad. You can then send post that information in an to a moderator who can then look at it and see what the problem may be..

That will give us a little more to work with..

Hope that helps.

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:45 am

Well guys sorry for the slow response, Merlin I have centurytel for my ISP and outlook express isn't used they have their own mail service, I too am illerate on PC's and the way I took IE7 off of mine was I did a system restore back too a date I knew I didn't have IE7
Jim Turner

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:52 pm

hi RUDI,
THE ERROR MESSAGE IS IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT AN ERROR IS

AS of 6:45 last night no matter what I do I cannot get to any farmall cub site or forum. I can go anywhere else I want to go ebay,Paypal,My bank, YT board Anywhere just not here.
I am really getting angry NOW

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:07 pm

Mag Man wrote:hi RUDI,
THE ERROR MESSAGE IS IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT AN ERROR IS

AS of 6:45 last night no matter what I do I cannot get to any farmall cub site or forum. I can go anywhere else I want to go ebay,Paypal,My bank, YT board Anywhere just not here.
I am really getting angry NOW

This sounds to me that the problem is with you connecting to the internet at all, nothing to do with the board. Are you able to connect to other web sites :?:
8)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:13 pm

Jon, what browse are you using to access the site now? Since you have access through that browse, your IE must have cached a corrupt file. Delete any shortcuts you have to this site and all temporary internet files and start from scratch.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Off Topic”