This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Any one using internet exsplorer 7 or beta?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Jon, I have been getting the same mesage alot lately. "Failure to connect to web server" when I try connecting to the forum yet I can surf the rest of the net without a hitch. Not sure what the issue really is.( we both use hughesnet)

But as for IE7 the IT department hasn't ok'd the use of it for our systems yet. Which is fine by me cause I've been using Firefox for most things lately.

Rondell

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:40 pm

Interesting

I got the same message, went through a bunch of steps including turning off the modem and then the computer and after a minute or two turning them back on. Hooking up a phone to the outlet used by PEWTER and dialing out. Finally concluded
1] did not pay bill or
2] Modem did not work or
3] Something wrong with the interenet server. or
4] Something wrong with Windows New Internet Explorer

Called internet server their tech came out looked things over called downtown turned off modem and turned it back on. everything works now.

Wonder if MS added some new feature and forgot to tell people such as various internet servers

Richard
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:07 pm

I hate the whole M$/GOOGLE/YAHOO thingy!!---They are all on the bandwagon to spy on us and SELL our info, or bombard us with spam!--the M$N live search is the one that really pisses me off,---PLUS they install S--T on my unit that I don't want/use then bitch because I don't use it!!! -----my experiance with putters is that they are evil,but what you gonna do ? It's PROGRESS!!!! thanks; sonny

wvpolekat
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wvpolekat » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:40 pm

I have been using IE 7 for quite some time now and only have a couple of gripes.

1) It ignores proxy settings for VPN connections, which is a major pain for me.
2) Java is still busted, but then again, I think Jave has is flawed from the word go MS just made it worse. Sun is really the one to blame for releasing this awful piece of junk in the first place.

Beyond that, it works well. It seems that many web developers were not paying attention for the last several months and it took them by surprise. Most any webpage that does not work with it, is the developers fault or choice. I don't blame MS. They made the Beta and SDK info available long before it was released.

Overall, I still prefer Firefox, but it isn't perfect either.

With ANY software you install anymore, you need to watch carefully what it will install. They are all trying to plug their favorite search service or whatever and want to install some bit of software for it. 99% of the cases you can opt not to install it, just have to pay attention and not just click OK every time.
49 Super A (Tinker) 47 Ford 2N (Cricket)
----------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:05 am

Well I just came in at 11:00 am and bang it finally went on on IE Boy this is so much faster than my regular ISP I have to use when this does not work. I wish I knew what to do to stop this.
JON

Return to “Off Topic”