This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sometimes I get wraped around the axle.

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Sometimes I get wraped around the axle.

Postby Eugene » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Excerpts from local paper. “Court Records”.

Several speeding tickets Fines and court costs..

LH. Amended charge, failure to attach muffler. $300- and court costs.
LH. Failure to dim lights. $50- and court costs.
LH. DWI. Suspended imposition of sentence. 2 years probation and court costs.

CMP. DWI. Suspended imposition of sentence. 2 years probation and court costs, 20 hrs community service.
CMP. Unlawful use of drug paraphernalia. 2 years probation and court costs.
CMP. Speeding. $80.50 and court costs.

SDH. Careless driving, accident. $150- and court costs.
SDH. Minor in possession. Suspended imposition of sentence. 2 years probation and court costs, 30 hours community service, drivers license suspended.
SDH. DWI. Suspended imposition of sentence. 2 years probation and court costs.

JSH. Bad check less than $500-. 30 days in county jail. Restitution. 2 years probation and court costs.

SLO. Unlawful use of drug paraphernalia. 5 days county jail and court costs.

KDT. Failure to provide proof of insurance. Suspended imposition of sentence. 2 years probation and court costs.

PLT. Failure to provide proof of insurance. Suspended imposition of sentence. 2 years probation and court costs.

DAW. Failure to tag deer. $100- and court costs.

DLS. Amended charge, failure to attach muffler. $300- and court costs.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:34 pm

Looks like y'all are gonna need to hire more probation officers.

"Amended charge, failure to attach muffler" - what does that mean?

Failing to tag a deer appears to be a serious offense, are they an endangered species in MO?
Last edited by Lurker Carl on Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 pm

:shock: This one here puzzles me.

[DLS. Amended charge, failure to attach muffler. $300- and court costs.]

I dont know if that means the muffler was removed or if it was falling off :?: Either way that seems like a steep fine for a loose muffler. :roll: _ I haven`t got a ticket in many years so I have no idea what fines are imposed these days and hopefully I wont find out the hard way. :arrow:
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:42 pm

Why is it the charges that stem from drug and alcohol use draw suspended sentences and the seemingly minor offenses of "loose muffler" and failure to tag a deer draw fines?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:55 pm

Sheriff's Report. Deputy RR on Nov 27 stopped two suspects who were driving with a gun sticking out the window. The suspects were turned over to Conservation Agent.

Deer tag violation. Could be that the hunter did not properly tag the deer. If the hunter did not have a proper deer tag/license he could have lost his vehicle and gun(s) used in the crime, plus a hefty fine, and or jail time. Conservation crimes carry a stiffer penality than do some other violations. Go figure.

Deer are not on the local endangered list. Record harvest during Missouri Nov gun season. 235,054 deer killed.

Amended equipment violations usually means that the subject originally had a moving violation. The subject did not want the moving violation on his/her driving record. Court amends the charge to what would normally be a fix it ticket and charges a helty fine. Common occurance in this area of Missouri.

Drug and DWI charges. I don't know why one gets a bigger fine and/or jail time for misdemeanor violation.

I'm working on some facts and figures concerning State and Federal fund expenditures concerning illegal drugs. Things just don't add up, including the prosecution of drug offenders.

Eugene

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:08 pm

Failure to attach a muffler seems pretty minor, but if you have ever had one come flying form under a vehicle at you, it doesn't seem quite so minor then.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:32 am

Here in Vigo CO In, we had a person that killed a baby in her day care business (suffication), get probation, while drug users/dealers are getting 10-20 years in prison. dont make sense.

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:02 am

The Judge must be a member of the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Commission) :lol:
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

klejeune
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65802
Tractors Owned: IH Cub Cadets:
1961 - Original w/RD300 Danco loader
1961 - Original
1962 - Original
1965 - 100
1969 - 127
1979 - 1450

Postby klejeune » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:46 am

Eugene, this sounds like you're reading an old Macks Creek, MO paper or something. The town got in hot water with the state for "fixing" moving violations to a reduced violation with higher fines and then they kept the money for the city and didn't turn any in to the state. They had a speed trap setup at 45mph and if you were over 1mph you'd get stopped. Even the little old blue hairs going to church. The town set at the bottom of a valley and it is hard to maintain 45mph if you're not paying attention. The town got handed down some mighty high fines themselves by the state and had to file bankruptcy.

Yes, MO has some very steep fines for breaking Conservation/ hunting laws. It does keep down the poaching that was rampant at one point in the state. Not that there is not a problem now, just backwoods types are better at concealing their crimes now.

I don't like the practice of fixing your ticket to where you don't get any points on your license and it doesn't go against your insurance if you use a process like http://www.motraffictickets.com You pay extra for a lawyer to fix your ticket and it stays off of your record. I think part of your fine is paying extra in insurance and having points taken off of your license. Do the crime, pay the fine and do the time!

Rant over...

Return to “Off Topic”