This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another Free Book

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Another Free Book

Postby Dan England » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:07 pm

"Great Country Music Stars" by Andy Gray. Fairly large book, about 9" by 12", 176 pages. Lots of pictures of country singers, 20 color and about 200 black and white. I don't find a publication date but probably around 1975 as 1973 is the most recent listing of yearly awards from the various country music associations. The book is divided into nine sections 1. In the Beginning 2. The Pioneers 3. The Thirties and Forties 4. The First Superstars 5. The Grand Ole Opry 6. The Sixties 7. The Accolades (winners of the yearly awards) 8. The Seventies 9. The Future of Country Music. Lots of pictures, as well as a written text, in each of the above segments. The life and musical career of Sara, A.P. and Maybelle Carter, along with Jimmy Rodgers are covered in the Pioneer section. The Grand Ole Opry section includes info on George D. Hay (the Solemn Old Judge), Uncle Dave Macon, Crook Brothers, Roy Acuff, Whitey Ford (the Duke of Paducah) , Pee Wee King, along with many others. Later segments of the book include a host of more recent singers: Johnny Cash, Kitty Wells, Ernest Tubb, Elvis Presley, Porter Waggoner, Johnny Horton, Hank Williams, Ernie Ford, Carl Perkins, Don Gibson, Roger Miller, Buck Owens, Chet Atkins, The Jordanaires, Dolly Parton and many more. Really and interesting book for those who like country music. The book is free, you pay for a padded mailing envelope plus postage, probably less than five dollars total. It will go to the first person who requests it. Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:14 pm

Dan, I would be very interested in the book.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:17 pm

B.D. Send a mailing address. I can probably put it in the mail tomorrow. I think that you will enjoy the book. Dan

Return to “Off Topic”