This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Music

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:51 am

I'm with Billy - give me some good old mountain music.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:11 am

I like many of the types listed but want to add another favorite, western music of the type best done by Sons of the Pioneers group. More recently, Ray Benson and Asleep At The Wheel are excellent on western swing. Dan

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:28 am

Jim Reid wrote:John you and Podge have got to be mighty fine people cause you like BLUEGRASS.
Jim.

Jim

its almost a law here to like bluegrass. I mean Bill Monroe is was born and buried right in the next county over from me. The bluegrass you see on RFDTV held at Jerusalem Ridge is just a piece down the road here :D

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316

Postby TexCub » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:41 am

Not surprising that we all like best music that's been made, give we all have an affinity for the best tractor's made, too!!

Been digging through the Stevie Ray Vaughn collection this week and it's been doing me right!!!

There's a few forum members close to Wichita that I bet have been to the Winfield Bluegrass Festival a time or two! Great, great stuff!!

Dave
53 Cub, C-2 mower, grader blade, cultivators, & a few plows

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:57 pm

Anything...and I mean anything....except opera and heavy classical music. This includes blues, "traditional" country, some newer country, western swing, bluegrass, southern gospel, classic rock, lots and lots of jazz.....and more...
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:38 pm

Not in any particular order: Country, Bluegrass, Polka(it's always on in the shop, Big Band, 50's - 70's, Classical, Opera on a rare occasion. Well, that actually is in the order I listen to it.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

RD
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RD » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:09 pm

some of my other likes are willie nelson, waylon jennings, chris kristofferson, merle haggard and the occasional david allan coe, i also love bluegrass the carter family, flatt & scruggs, ect. i also like rock anything from pink floyd to lynard skynard to led zeppelin to even the occasional heavy stuff like pantera i basically like anything cept rap, jazz, and the weird stuff
-Robert

one 49' Farmall Cub

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:33 pm

Some of us out here can't tell the diff. between mono and stereo so any music thats not loud will work for me. :lol: :lol: Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:59 pm

i guess my taste in music is kinda odd... i like frank sinatra, john legend,def leppard, led zep , areosmith, bad co.,motley crue,posion,zz top,ac/dc,run dmc, 50 cent, dr dre, MM, steveie nicks, mary j bilge, u2, bochephus,gary allen, rage against the machine,kiss, ted nuggent,bryan adams,the gap band, nirvanna ,GNR ,and thats just a few to prove a point.different music for different moods.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

cub629XX
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36034

Postby cub629XX » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:27 am

I like that good old time gospel music.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Big Bear
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30543

Postby Big Bear » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:28 am

Ok... My range in taste is basically a bit of everything. It's been a while since I've been in a music mode where I could really just relax and enjoy it.

Initial Favs:

Johnny Cash - Casey Jones / Big John / Thirteen / Daddy sang Bass
Boxcar Willie - Boxcars my Home / Wreck of old 47
Willie Nelson - Seven Spanish Angels / (w/Merle) Pancho & Lefty / City of New Orelans
Pink Floyd - Us and Them / Echoes / Comfortably Numb / Eclipse
Beastie Boys - No Sleep till Brooklyn
Bill Monroe - Orange Blossom Special
Flatt n Scruggs - Cripple Creek / Duling Banjos
Danny Davis & the Nashville Brass - Wabash Cannonball
DC Talk - Colored People / Jesus Freak / What if I stumble
Jimmy Buffet - 12 Volt Man / Pirate looks at Forty / Jolly Mon
Andrew Lloyd Webber - Phantom of the Opera
Louis Armstrong - Mack the Knife
Aerosmith - Permenant Vacation / Sweet Emotion / Hangman Jury
Harry Connic Jr. - Heavenly
Metallica - No Leaf Clover / Sanitarium / Fade to Black / For Whom the Bell Toils
Joe Satriani - Big Bad Moon / Crazy / Always with you Always with me / Time Machine / Dweller on the Threshold / Surfing with the Alien
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Hank Sr. - Move it on over / So Lonsome I could Cry / Jambalaya
Thousand Foot Krutch - Phenomenon / Step to me / Bounce
Kutless - We fall down / Strong Tower

Can't forget: CCR, Doors, Peter Gabriel, Bob Seger & SBB, Charlie Daniels Band, ZZ Top, GnR, Kid Rock, Hank Jr, Kentucky Headhunters... And the list goes on and on.

And that's just the tip of the Iceburg so to speak... I SO need to get my CD's into an MP3 collection. *sigh*...
Regards,
Big Bear

Big Bear
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30543

Postby Big Bear » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:15 am

George Willer wrote:
Into Tractors wrote:The one type of music (if you can call it that?) I won't/can't listen too or stand :evil: , is the stuff the kid's play in those stereo's on wheels they call a car? You know, that thump-thump noise that seems to appear out of no-where when you are sitting waiting for the light to change at the intersection. :evil: :x

I've always told my kids and grandkids that "If you can't hum me a few bars it ain't music". :(

Now, how can ya'll tell it ain't no Jug or Bass Fiddle from a well rounded Bluegrass orchestra? :wink: :lol: :wink:
Regards,

Big Bear

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Music

Postby Joe Malinowski » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:46 am

I like classic rock, some of the new country and a polka here and there played in a polka band years ago got burn't out on polka.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

Return to “Off Topic”