the freaks come out at night**update on Cubby**

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:38 am

nothing like waking up at 4 am and killing somethng....at 4 this morning my daught er woke up crying, so i went in to see what was wrong. she said she couldn't sleep, i asked why. she said, " because of that".. i stopped and listened and i heard cying... and a dog barking. i looked out the window and there was a dog in my goat pen. i grabbed my .410 and went outside. a pitbull was in my goat pen and my billy, named "Cubby Bear" was crying and bleeding. i shot the dog. Cubby held his own, his leg is hurt and he has blood on him, but i think he will beall right. my nanny goat wasn't even touched. it appears that the dog must have pushed its way under the fence. it couldn't get out once i started shooting. sun's coming up , i need to go check on Cubby again.
Last edited by phildidit on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: the freaks come out at night

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:03 am

Glad to here that cubby bear will recover. You have my permission to shoot
every pit pull you find. I Know some of them seem to make good pets but
they can attack at any time.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:08 am

Phil,
You handled the situation just exactly like I would have handled it. Carry on, brother. :x

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:19 am

Call animal control. If the dog had a collar the owner will have to pay your vet bills.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:49 am

Might want to shoot the owner too! I think you handled it well. Good thing your daughter woke you up!

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:29 am

If ya own one better control it.Kevin hope your goat gets better dog won't

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:42 am

you did the right thing we had something like that happen but the dog was in the chicken pen . the 410 always stays close.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:29 pm

Mike in Louisiana wrote:Glad to here that cubby bear will recover. You have my permission to shoot
every pit pull you find. I Know some of them seem to make good pets but
they can attack at any time.

yep

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Virginia Mike wrote:Call animal control. If the dog had a collar the owner will have to pay your vet bills.

no tags, just a collar, but at 4 in the morning all i saw was eyes in the flashlight. not one for killing things, but i will protect mine.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Sometimes the tables are turned did you see the history channel about the pitbull that was killed? It turns out a mountainlion did it.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Mountain lions are not too good in a goat pen either. A 410 is not enough then.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:34 pm

beaconlight wrote:Mountain lions are not too good in a goat pen either. A 410 is not enough then.

i don't know what i'd do then.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:44 pm

darn it's nice to know that i'm not the only one who thinks like phildidit, when i bought my place 28 yrs ago i cleaned the clock on the wild dogs around here. had a pretty little nanny killed by them too. good job phil.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Good job Phil. I had a friend that used to shoot 44 mag bullets thru his 410. I don't know but it must have had an open choke. Works like a 410 slug. :D

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:00 pm

wild bill wrote:you did the right thing we had something like that happen but the dog was in the chicken pen . the 410 always stays close.

Yea, he quickly found a way out of the chicken pen even with an a$$ full of shot.
"Don't like nobody messing with my girls"