Happy Camper

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

Happy Camper

Postby Brent » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:19 am

:D I just bought a 2004 Dodge 2500 with the HO Cummins diesel and six speed manual transmission. I'll never have to worry about pulling my trailers up the California mountains again. Only problem is no hold back power, so I'll have to spend another $1500 and put an exhaust brake on it. I was amazed at the power it has. I guess one might say I'm a happy new truck owner!
Always try the easiest thing first.
Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 93510

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:37 am

Another satisfied Dodge owner!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com
Bigdog
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Donny M » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:48 pm

I've been thinking about getting a new truck (I have a 99 Ford Power Stroke with 253K miles on it) I haven't decided which brand. To replace the truck I have, the sticker price is about 45K. Boy, I could make my 99 a super truck if I spent the 45k on it. I really hate to get rid of it. It's been very reliable. I'll think about it for a few more months and then buy something.(Maybe)

Brent,
Does the new Dodge come with a XM compatible radio :?: :?: :lol: :lol:
Donny M
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:16 pm

Brent

I have a simple question. What is an exhaust brake? I have never heard of that term. :? :? Is that what I would call a jake brake the same thing? :)
Bruce Sanford
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby johnbron » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:11 pm

Bruce Sanford wrote:Brent

I have a simple question. What is an exhaust brake? I have never heard of that term. :? :? Is that what I would call a jake brake the same thing? :)

Bruce click on this link and it will explain how the exhaust brake works. http://www.cummins.com/na/pages/en/prod ... tbrake.cfm
Then came Bronson
johnbron
CubPro Emeritus

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:07 pm

And click on this link for an explanation of a "Jake" engine brake, so you can see the difference from an exhaust brake.

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mjake.html
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 75048
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:33 pm

Well guys thanks for the imformation.
I stayed at a motel at the bottom of a hill on the Tran Cda Hwy one night.I will never do that again. :x :roll: :)
Bruce Sanford
5+ Years
5+ Years

Return to Off Topic