Well, I put the extracted supers back on the hives last week and they sure did a good job cleaning them up. Opened the hives yesterday and medicated with Terramycin (antibiotic), Check-Mite (for Verroa Mites) and a couple of lard based patties my buddy concocted for something or other, It didn't quite register at the time. But he said it would be good for them.
The colonies looked great, plenty of active bees and lots of stored honey. They did have alot of propolis on top of some of the frames which made them hard to seperate. We scraped them clean and put them back in the proper orientation.
Something new I learned this time around. Cut dried grass is NOT a good fuel source for your smoker
. Had to stop too many times and reload. I need to check into something that will last longer
My buddy said we will go back in in about 40-43 days and pull out the Check-Mite strips and get them ready for winter. A little late in the season, but we should be OK.
Boy, I sure am glad to have his help. This stuff can BEE complicated
Hope ya'll enjoy the honey