Politics and the Iraq War

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

Politics and the Iraq War

Postby ljw » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:54 am

I don't understand politics. I agreed with President Bush when he stated that this action is necessary and would not be another Vietnam. But when they let this al sadr guy get away, I'm starting to wonder. I know about the holy site, etc. But it's obvious the religious terrorists that occupied the temple don't believe this is a sacred site. I love my country and still support the President. But he had better get off his butt and win this war. This generation Iraqis are not going to like us, no matter what. I'm a Vietnam veteran and I remember the stigma attached to us when we returned. I don't deserve any kudos for serving, and I still have the lumps on my head caused by being dragged down my Daddy's front steps by the authorities back in '69, when I was sent overseas. I admire the soldiers serving in our military and I think that no life should be taken needlessly. Holding back on our military resources only permits more of our young men to die. Thank you, I feel better now.
ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 45042

Return to Off Topic