This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

After the Storm

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jeff
10+ Years
10+ Years

After the Storm

Postby Jeff » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:37 pm

Got hit hard by the remnents of Iven today and thankful that no one was hurt. I was at work and heard on the radio that we had a tornado warning. I called the wife on the cell phone and she said she was at the elementary school picking up the kids and it was coming down hard sheets of rain, she would go home and call me when she got there.

I told her No, get the kids and herself back into the school and tell the staff a warning was just issued.

She called back 10 mins. later and said two buses had already left, but the principle pulled the other children off the remaining buses and all were in the school gym practicing the tornado drill.

5 mins. later she called back and said the tornado was THERE.... she was hearing the locomotive sound and debris was flying past the windows.... the kids where tucked against the far wall and she was huddled over them for protection..... she'd call back if she could and that she loved me.....

That was the longest wait I have ever had in my life. Never again will I complain about waiting in long lines at the grocery store.

She called and said they were all alright!

Later today we found out the twist (classified an F1) passed about 100 yards from the school. Not only one but several went thru the area.
When she got home, she found the house ok but a tornado had past between our place and the neighbors taking out treetops and the siding/gutters on their house. Several big trees on the farm are snapped in half and debris all over the place.

Some folks didn't fare so well, one house across the road had it's carport fall in, a barn down the road was demolished and lots of exterior damage to homes.

Some amazing facts are that a couple had a goat tied to a trampoline during the storm. The trampoline is nowhere to be found but the goat is OK. A neighbor's shed dissappeared completely but a tiller is still setting on the concrete slab unmoved.

These things amaze me how they hit and miss as they go!

I did alot of praying today and am thankful the LORD was faithful to me and my family. I will continue to pray for those who have really had it hard the past few weeks.
Lord, give me wisdom. And if you ain't got none to spare, help me find someone willing to share.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:11 pm

Has anyone heard from Kirk in Milton, Florida? He hasn't posted since Wednesday. That area took quite a beating.

Return to “Off Topic”