This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ODD BOLT

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

ODD BOLT

Postby johnbron » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:06 pm

I came across an odd shaped bolt in my rusty collection and am wondering if anybody knows its extra purpose other than being just a bolt. The threaded shank is not round but hexagon shaped like an allen/hex wrench from bottom to head. It has a 9/16 wrench head with built on washer-lip & the shank is about 5/16 X 2&3/4 in length. I have seen a lot of odd bolts but never one like this. It works great as a thread cleaner for ID threads & nuts. Oh, The top of bolt head has NL embossed in center top.

Just curious if the many different tradesmen on this board has a clue. :?: :idea:
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:18 pm

JB. You got me .... ! Unless it's home-made for something (like your thread cleaning tool) it sounds like a special part for a machine or tool. Maybe someone made a hex broach for sheet metal or something, but if not slightly tapered, don't know if it would work. Post a pic ... you have me curious now!! :?
Ron

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:38 pm

Nope, Its definitly not a home-made bolt. To nice and neatly made with a designed NL logo on head. The L top is in between the 2-N tops kinda fancy like the I-H logo. I might take a pic but was thinking it would not capture the hex corner features of the bolt threads. It cleaned up real nice on the wire-wheel and has a gun-bluing type black finish.
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:05 pm

JB,

Use that camera of yours :!: 8)

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 pm

Donny M wrote:JB,

Use that camera of yours :!: 8)

:lol: :lol: Well I have never learned how to use the flash on this camera so I will take a pic tomorrow in good`ol daylight. :shock:
Then came Bronson

Return to “Off Topic”