ODD BOLT

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

ODD BOLT

Postby johnbron » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:06 pm

I came across an odd shaped bolt in my rusty collection and am wondering if anybody knows its extra purpose other than being just a bolt. The threaded shank is not round but hexagon shaped like an allen/hex wrench from bottom to head. It has a 9/16 wrench head with built on washer-lip & the shank is about 5/16 X 2&3/4 in length. I have seen a lot of odd bolts but never one like this. It works great as a thread cleaner for ID threads & nuts. Oh, The top of bolt head has NL embossed in center top.

Just curious if the many different tradesmen on this board has a clue. :?: :idea:
Then came Bronson
johnbron
CubPro Emeritus

Postby Ron L » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:18 pm

JB. You got me .... ! Unless it's home-made for something (like your thread cleaning tool) it sounds like a special part for a machine or tool. Maybe someone made a hex broach for sheet metal or something, but if not slightly tapered, don't know if it would work. Post a pic ... you have me curious now!! :?
Ron
Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby johnbron » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:38 pm

Nope, Its definitly not a home-made bolt. To nice and neatly made with a designed NL logo on head. The L top is in between the 2-N tops kinda fancy like the I-H logo. I might take a pic but was thinking it would not capture the hex corner features of the bolt threads. It cleaned up real nice on the wire-wheel and has a gun-bluing type black finish.
Then came Bronson
johnbron
CubPro Emeritus

Postby Donny M » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:05 pm

JB,

Use that camera of yours :!: 8)
Donny M
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby johnbron » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 pm

Donny M wrote:JB,

Use that camera of yours :!: 8)

:lol: :lol: Well I have never learned how to use the flash on this camera so I will take a pic tomorrow in good`ol daylight. :shock:
Then came Bronson
johnbron
CubPro Emeritus

Return to Off Topic