This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Heading to Michigan

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Heading to Michigan

Postby farmallcub49 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:55 am

I need some advice from you traveling experts, especially those who have travelled through Chicago. I am heading from Mn to Michigan and will have to pass through Chicago. I am wondering if I am better off taking the toll road around the city or taking 94 right through the city. My biggest concern is safety. I will be pulling my 18 ft trailer along with me on our way to get my next purchase, which you will all hear about real soon. What's a toll run on that road, 294?

Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:23 pm

With a trailer, I would take I-294 (tri state) around Chicago rather than through downtown ( I've done both). The tolls are 50-60 cents for a car, twice that for a car/truck and two axle trailer, and there are several toll plazas depending on where you get on it. The time of day will make a big difference and be advised that there is construction on I-80/94 as you get to the IN line.

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:07 pm

Thanks, Paul
That is what I was considering.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Return to “Off Topic”