This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Yeah, Right!!!!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Yeah, Right!!!!

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:11 pm

I have a Mott Flail Mower at auction on Ebay and I just received this through "ASK SELLER A QUESTION".

Q: "HI, Am an automerchant of years of experience with an arrayof clientsaround the coast of europe and africa,a client has placed a quote on your item and the need to get intouch to you for the buy it now price.Will you be able to accept a cashier check as a mode ofpayment?,my client has said he will only raise a certified cashiers check for the payment of your item and the shipping charges from the united States to it's new origin.This means the cashier's check that will be sent to you will include the money for the sales of your item, my commission as an automerchant and the shippers fees.What i want to clarify is that will you be able to send the excess fund on the check back to me through Western Union Money Transfer method as soon as you get the and cash it and deduct the money for the sales of your item? Please your answer on this, will enable me to issue a directive to my client on the issuance of your payment to you asap.Do get back to me with your contact.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN :!: :!:

This was my response:

No, I will not fulfill your request. Therefore, he should not bid on or buy my item.

Thanks, but no thanks.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:27 pm

I would not have even given him the courtesy of a reply for that "SCAM". I have received at least 5 of those type offers in the last couple years.
Then came Bronson

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:11 pm

What was this clowns bidder ID? These guys will sometimes use" buy it now " then try the scam. This leaves the buyer with trying to recover the final value fees from eBay.

Please post or PM me his ID so I can block him on my blocked bidder list.

Thanks
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:15 pm

I'm wondering....... Has anyone who knows this is a scam, agreed to his accepting a cashier's check, then just "Blows him off" with sending money right back to him (or ever)??? I mean if you sell something, and you accept checks, you just add in the agreement "ALL CHECKS MUST CLEAR THE ISSUING BANK PRIOR TO YOUR SHIPMENT". Then he would have no legal recourse. Just a question.
Ron

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:30 pm

Cub-Bud, been there, NEVER done it. Sounds similiar to the Nigerian scams.

Everytime I list something "For Sale" on one of the sites or Ebay. I get at least 2 or 3 of these types of request. "My client will send you $5,000 for your merchandise, (blah blah blah) well, you know the rest of the story. The give away is when they say "YOUR MERCHANDISE"

The sad thing is, people fall for it, and that's what these scammers are banking on.

Ron, to answer your question. I have agreed to accept the payment and replied to the email, but only after contacting the State's attourney's office and the local police. They said, "go for it but chances are the check probably won't be sent" which is wasn't and so I didn't get to have my fun.

I had two replies like this recently, after placing my 8N on the YT tractor site and one from the N-series 8N Ford classifieds. Then just a week or so ago,

I also had my 28 foot 1976 Prowler camper listed on our local classified web-site and I actually received a presonalized email from what appeared to be a legit question. Asking all kinds of questions all about and was wanting more pictures even, asking what shape the tires were in. They offered $100 less than what I was asking for it and if that would be acceptable, they would have it picked up and have a cashier's check for the amount offered, upon picking it up.

I had a gut feeling it might have been another scam. SO, I checked on the IP address and it orginiated in Montreal Canada. I'm thining to myslef here, Now why on earth would someone from Montreal want to travel to to Illinois to purchase a 28 year old camper that was advertised for $1,500 as a "fish" or "deer" camp trailer.

Needless to say, I didn't fall for this one either, LOL! Need a camper anyone, :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Niekamp

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:41 am

The only time I have received these "offers" is when I had something advertised for sale on either the YT or AntigueTractors classifieds. I don't believe, or want to imply, either of these sites have anything to do with the scams, but unfortunately, their websites are being mined by the scammers, for email address' and $$$$ items, and they can't always get that right. I had an offer to "buy my John Deere tractor that was advertised......" - I've never owned a John Deere tractor in my life (but probably would sell it if I did :lol: ), but did have a Cub Cadet advertised for sale. It was embarrassing they confused the two..... :oops:

Return to “Off Topic”