Video editing ?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:09 pm
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub
Location: PA, Berwick

Postby Ron L » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:51 am

Billy. I probably know less than you about computers, BUT this is what I think. You need a video capture "Card" installed in your P.C. Mine came with a "TV Tuner/Capture" card installed. It works with Microsoft "Direct X" software (Free download). The card in the back has connections for : "CATV/UHF antenna" ; "Audio input" ; "Audio output" ; "Remote control" ; "S-video input" ; and "Composite video input" . So I assume I could connect my camcorder to one of these connections to capture/record to the P.C.

User avatar
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 28706
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:37 pm
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM
Location: NB Dieppe, Canada

Postby Rudi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:22 pm


Yup, either the S-Video jack or the two RCA style phono jacks - Audio/Video inputs, depending on what you have on your camera.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

User avatar
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 3414
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:10 am
Zip Code: 49229
Location: MI, Britton

Postby cowboy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:02 pm

Thanks Rudi and Ron

I guess I didn't make clear that my camra act like its own video card. It has an adaptor cord that goes into any USB port. I have already copyed movies from the camra to the computer. My problem is trying to get it back out using a home dvd player. And trying to edit it (cut out the bad parts and piece all the good parts together.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests