Video editing ?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

Postby Ron L » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:51 am

Billy. I probably know less than you about computers, BUT this is what I think. You need a video capture "Card" installed in your P.C. Mine came with a "TV Tuner/Capture" card installed. It works with Microsoft "Direct X" software (Free download). The card in the back has connections for : "CATV/UHF antenna" ; "Audio input" ; "Audio output" ; "Remote control" ; "S-video input" ; and "Composite video input" . So I assume I could connect my camcorder to one of these connections to capture/record to the P.C.
Ron
Ron L
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Rudi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:22 pm

Ron:

Yup, either the S-Video jack or the two RCA style phono jacks - Audio/Video inputs, depending on what you have on your camera.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby cowboy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:02 pm

Thanks Rudi and Ron

I guess I didn't make clear that my camra act like its own video card. It has an adaptor cord that goes into any USB port. I have already copyed movies from the camra to the computer. My problem is trying to get it back out using a home dvd player. And trying to edit it (cut out the bad parts and piece all the good parts together.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”
cowboy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Zip Code: 49229

Previous

Return to Off Topic