This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I guess I wasn't supposed too

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

I guess I wasn't supposed too

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Temp was in the mid 50s today, and since my vehicles hadn't been washed in a few months I drug the parts washer out and got ready to start. First thing I noticed was the insulated cover was gone off my frost free faucet, oh well, guess the wind blew it away, no big deal.
Then when I tried to start the pressure washer it would not start, sounded like the intake valve was leaking. After several pulls it finally fired up. Started to wash the truck, and suddenly no water. Checked everything out to find the nozzle was plugged. I had flushed out hose, etc. but something must have been stuck in it that took a bit to come loose. Shut down and took nozzle to shed, and after some looking figured out how to take the assembly apart. Blew the debris out and put it back together, and back to the washer and proceeded to wash truck. About 2/3 way through, it partly plugged again. I used the hose to finish, and decided it just was not my day to wash cars, especially since by then it was getting cold. Not sure where the debris in the nozzle came from, but We had a severe windstorm last week that hit that side of the house so hard it bent my gutter off and blew limbs from trees several yards toward house, so I suspect there was dirt in the faucet that was coming loose as it softened from the water running through it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"