First time

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

First time

Postby danovercash » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:00 am

Hauled alot of things in the back of a pickup, but yesterday was a first. Brought home about 1/2 cubic yard of ready mix concrete. Wednesday and Thursday I spend a couple of hours digging out around three pieces of concrete pipe to make ready for a footing and floor to build a catch basin down on the street corner. Free concrete is a good thing, but you have to be ready for it. Everything fell together yesterday. Put a lumber tarp and two thickness of polyethelene. in the back of the S-10. The truck put the concrete into an excavator bucket, then it was sifted into the
S-10. brought it home and backed just over the edge of the hole and shoveled it in. Now to build a box with used brick or block. After I get a grate on it, I won't have to worry about someone driving the Snapper off into a three foot deep hole 18" with pipe in it. Wish I had pix, btw set the pipe by hand years ago.
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone but not forgotten!)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dansfarmallcub/
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: First time

Postby RUSSALL » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:23 am

Kinda did the same thing at work a few years ago. We had a hurry up job that needed a pad poured. The boss was in
A rush and didn't want to pay a truck fee. He sent me to the ready mix plant in a little dump truck ( f-350 ).
You should have seen their faces when I asked for a yard to go. :shock:

Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A
RUSSALL
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 19344
Circle of Safety Award

Re: First time

Postby danovercash » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:49 am

When I worked for the school system years ago, they took a short ford pickup with a service body to the asphalt plant and picked up the minimun order to patct some potholes on the high school champus. We shoveled it out and packed it with a tamp.
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone but not forgotten!)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dansfarmallcub/
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety Award

Return to Off Topic